Subject Author Posted Replies

Creating Jobs
FREEPORT, Ill. 10-26-2012 Bain Capital-owned Sensata plans to close the Freeport plant in December and outsource the plant's 170 jobs to China. Workers at the plant have been training their Chinese...
16
16

Buck XMFR questions
Greetings all you AC Electrical Types, My shop is supplied with single phase juice (notice my proper use of technical terms) at 245 volts average. The voltage does vary a little, usually about 2 volts...
25
25

VE Online Trading Post Sales
Please keep up the great work. I have recommended your website to many friends and know at least two people who have purchased from you recently and I know I will continue to shop on your website for...
1
1

Cutting 1-1/4" AL angle into 1-1/4" lengths burr-free?
What is the best way to cut 500 pieces as close to burr-free as possible or the easiest way to remove the burr? I can't visualize a punch and die to do the job but I wonder if there is a way. I cut...
8
8

Electric Jack Hammer
Has any one had experience with the Star as sold on Amazon? I need to dig a narrow [4"] trench 15" deep through rotten clayie rock. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. CP
9
9

Ping Iggy
I have decided I have too many air compressors that are just not needed. I'm thinking of selling a Quincy #325 on an 80 gallon tank with a 5hp 3ph motor and I have another #325 unmounted. Both are in...
5
5

Very nicely done work bench!!
Gunner

Any Such Thing as Seasonal Scrap Prices?
Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more? I'm just guessing they get buried a bit more either prior to or just after the holidays because people want the cash to pay bills....
16
16

German Brass Tube
Bought some German 1" x .065 yellow brass tube several years ago. It was very high quality. Now need several thousand pounds. Does anyone know who in Germany produces high quality brass tubing? Thank...

What is it? Set 464
I need some help with the second item this week: Rob
28
28

Countersink depth control on CNC
I am looking at making many 1.5" holes with a countersink 1/2" deep in large steel plate. The depth tolerance of the countersink is critical. The plate varies in thickness and can be slightly bowed....
4
4

A Fadal problem
I have a Fadal 15XT. When in three axis mode and the machine is commanded to go to fixture offset during the setup procedure the Z axis moves first, then the other two axes move. But when in 4 axis...
8
8

Ping Mr Terrel!
Found those probes and a who shitpot full of banana plugs, bnc adapters etc etc etc etc. Some BIG banana plugs and fixtures too. Lots of similar stuff Drop me an email gunnerasch AT gmail dot com...

I know what I want for Chistmas!!
Umm Ummm Good!!! Gunner http://biggeekdaddy.com/humorpages/Misc/mandles.html

5HP 230v drive brake resistors
I have a milling machine that I acquired cheaply, due to a failed sipndle VFD drive and burned out brake resistors. The drive was professionally repaired and works great. However, I am a little...
29
29