Subject Author Posted Replies

Injection Mold Video
Ok... the video is technically not metal working, but I used a lot of metalworking techniques learned in this newsgroup to get to the point where I could shoot this video. I thought one or two of you...
16
16

Open access metal/wood shop opens in Boston area
One of my son's college classmates has established a non-profit community shop/workspace in Somerville. is a good and useful thing, and I hope those in the area will support it. Kevin Gallimore
9
9

OT: small engine conundrum
Got a B&S 12.5 HP engine on the lawn tractor. Model 28V707 if you worry about such things. Started to go a little strange recently. It would blow off white exhaust, loose power and die. Oil fouled...
16
16

Source for steel in Hartford-Springfield?
Anybody have suggestions for a source in the Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA area for small quantities of carbon steel bar stock (say 30 feet of 3/16x1.5) and tool steel (say 3' of 1/2x1/2 W1)? Or am I...
1
1

YAMAHA GENERATORS
. Click Here to Enter: >>> Stock Photo Images,Free Photo Images

Constant torque/tension new idea tried
I believe I've finally hit on the correct solution for this existing machine. I wouldn't do this if I were designing from scratch, but I ended up with a whole lot less room inside the spool-up area...
4
4

Compound angles
Been struggling with this for a while now. Having a rectangular block I want to mill a groove whose bottom direction is inclined to all sides at angles A, B & C (angles measured in the planes of the...
2
2

trailer brakes
I had dropped a project and just finished it this weekend. Only one thing left on the big trailer, making the ramps narrower so I can load the forklift. Anyway, I now have a trailer brake controller...
27
27

Cost of the Bridgeport Interact 2 mill dropped down to $5 (sic)
After I sold off the components that I did not need, the cost of the Bridgeport Interact mill dropped down from $500 to $5. No kidding. It is a coincidence that it came so close to zero. I sold off...
1
1

1/4 20 one end threaded studs - Stainless
I already looked on McMaster and The closes they have is too long, and at 19.59 each way to expensive. I have been buying generic stainless bolts at the local box store and cutting them off with my...
15
15

M-25 Belt slipping in drill press
I was doing some drilling with my drill press yesterday, using an MT2 shank 25/32" bit @ 300RPM (and plenty of cutting fluid). It was just for experimenting, as I have never used a bit that large...
10
10

On Topic - Extreme metalworking
Just in case you happen to get your manly bits stuck in a metal pipe, here's what to do:
3
3

First ever "precision machining" project -- AL cutting
Finally I need to make something to good precision, which is to make a mounting plate for a US Digital encoder. The spec says shaft misalignment should be under 0.01", which means that the individual...
28
28

OT what is this strange animal in our backyard
I think that he lives under a porch. It is furry and the size of a big cat.
121
121

CL listing: Anvils in Northern California
No relation to or knowledge of seller, I just know there's always someone looking for an anvil, and this seller has a selection. Wyandote is approx 6-8 miles east of Oroville, CA Jon
10
10