Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA: Baty Dial gauge/Centre Finder set, Boxed
Hi there, eBay;

Victoria U2 Mill
I have a new to me Victorial U2 Miller which came with a universal (rack milling ) head. It runs well and is quiet, I then found a standard vertical head which has the advantage of taking 40 int...
4
4

Meddings drill repair
Hi All I've just bought a secondhand Meddings Drilltru pillar drill which looked OK and and has no detectable slop at the chuck. When I got it home on the floor I tried it on all the speeds and...
6
6

This is probably a daft question
I went to Alexandra Palace yesterday and bought a 6 inch Vertex rotary table. I want to fit the dividing plates but I can't get the handwheel off. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something obvious...
8
8

Railroad rail
Anyone know where I can get a few feet of railway rail? Thanks -- Peter Fairbrother
5
5

Sievert "Cyclone" torch burners
Hi folks, Has anyone here got experience of the Sievert "Cyclone" propane torch burners? They are the ones which apparently produce a rotating flame which completely surrounds a pipe joint when...
7
7

OT: Import VAT on books from the US?
Hi folks, I want to buy some academic textbooks. They're much cheaper in the US, even once delivery has been taken into account. But I'm wondering if I'm going to get charged VAT for importing them....
6
6

Best milling machine for under =?iso-8859-1?Q?=A31000?=
I know, I know - been asked a million times before, I'm sure. I have a basic application / requirement in mind that could be solved by a £200 pillar drill. But I would like to start designing my own...
9
9

Ally Pally show
Did anyone go? What's it like? Any must-sees? Chris
12
12

Reamers
Question from a beginner:- When should one use straight-fluted reamers and when should one use spiral-fluted ones ? Jim Hawkins
21
21

Marlow milling Machine
Hello. I have a Marlow vertical milling machine that needs assembling - does anyone else have one?,The back gear has been removed and I'd love a picture of the standard set up for spindle has taper...
1
1

I search MEW 133
Hello i own a full collection of MEW, HSM and PIM/MW. From time to time, i help a reader of this list searching for an old article. Today, i need you help. My MEW 133 is lost by postal service and...
5
5

Will unimat 4 milling post fit unimat 3 ?
Hi, I am hearing from one stockist thet the Unimat 4 Milling Attachment post and head assembly 200 100 will need to have matching holes drilled into its base to be backwards compatible/fir a unimat 3....
3
3

Making 14BA and smaller taps
In the past I have made a good number of small taps in sizes around 8-12BA (although usually with other pitches) using the "watchmaker's" triangular three sided form, which are then sharpened by...
1
1

Cutting Spur Gears
Having turned, milled, annealed and hardened and tempered, I now need to add cutting some spur gears to my CV. I have a mill and decent rotary table, so I'm assuming that I just need to buy the...
13
13