Cutting left hand threds on a Myford ML7

Latin in taught in our local Grammar schools- my eldest is something of a star pupil.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I don't know how she finds the time, Brian ... what with all the studying for an M3 licence and other distractions!

:-)

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

Well the radio is strictly 'after' school work in the list of priorities. She studied for her Intermediate over the summer- the course ran into a few weeks of term time. She just waiting on the new 2E0 call at the moment. She is also looking at the new full course in the background but that will probably wait until next summer- she works hard enough on her school work. She spent this morning tugging on the end of lanyard helping me with an antenna.

'Other distractions' haven't entered the equation yet- that generally seems to happen in year 9 (age 14) these days as far as I can tell. It certainly seems to be when the classes get more unruly ;-)

The twins have their 11 plus in Jan and will have a go at the IL exam after that. One of the twins is determined to tackle the full licence but the other one is not so keen.

Reply to
Brian Reay

mico micis micit micimus micitis mic***

Oh, to be young again.

73 Howard G6LVB
Reply to
Howard Long

Is this what is known as 'negative advertising'?

It works!

Reply to
Me

Does he buy that wrapped in a newspaper, or sealed in a box?

Reply to
Me

Could you tell us why you threw (cast?) away the evidence of your original assertions, thus damaging your defence in case the firm in question comes after you?

Reply to
Me

A wise and forward-looking parent would ensure that they lived in the catchment area of such a school. Surely you can't blame 'bleakness' on a lack of forward planning?

Reply to
Me

Nihil illigitimi carborundi sunt.....

Dave

Reply to
speedy2

Micitis sounds like a nastycomplaint!

Dave '4UGT

Reply to
speedy2

'iam' not 'jam' and the last line was "Caesar inerat." ISTR

And in a more modern language :-

Sedoz lorez der dago, forte lorez inaro. Deyent lorez deyar trux, fuloff cowsan pigsan dux.

vy 73

Andy, M1EBV

Reply to
Andy Cowley

or:

abcd goldfish mno goldfish sdr goldfish rdl goldfish

G3CCL

Reply to
Mr G H Ireland

abcd goldfish mno goldfish sdr goldfish rdl goldfish

de G3CCL

Reply to
Mr G H Ireland

Not :

abcd gol'fish mno gol'fish osar gol'fish cdbdii ?

?
Reply to
Boo