Disappointed with LDRS this year

Maybe if you came out you would have seen for yourself it wasnt all bad. It did NOT rain on Sunday, unless you call a very brief sprinkle.The pads continued to run as expected, and it was all great. The wind was gusty at times , but it still went on well. As for the planes, you had to expect the Warbirds to be flying , but the delays for them were just a few minutes at best, no biggie. I drove the 5 hrs to get there, and the drive home was even longer. Didnt matter to me, my son and i will talk about it for months, and i already registered at the host hotel for next year in Alberta.Thanks to Gene and Dennis and Fred (my TAP's) for all thier help to make my L3 flight a success.Also Paul from AMW for helping on the push for the Sparky on Monday and Hangar 11 for all thier help. There's no reason to go trashing us easterners, we fly when most wouldnt and still make it alot of fun,. After all, isnt that what its all about? Teamjrocs TRA#9916 L3

Reply to
JAO6469

That was the B-17 Memphis Belle......someone asked what kind of a rocket launch it was where the whole place stopped to watch a plane.....I quickly chimed it "that is not just a plane"....the beast landed on Tuesday and being at the away cell I was less than 100 feet from the wing tip on landing.......what a feeling

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Tuesday was so much fun....relaxed, the landing of the B-17, perfect flyng weather and a bunch of flights....and I had to leave at noon to get to work on time.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Fly red, white and blue rockets??

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Anyone planning to publish a DVD of LDRS this year?

Dean

You know you are "living the lifestyle" when you see a bunch of firings/flights and also work on the same day.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Speaking of red, white and blue rockets....our club is going to have a Patriots Day launch on Saturday, September 11, 2004. We will be flying red, white and blue rockets, including a mass launch of at least 24 at one time, and any rocket named Patriot, scale or not. And we are all going to try and wear red, white and blue for a group picture.

Details will be posted on the website (link below) and anyone traveling through SE Alabama is invited to attend.

John

Reply to
John Stein

I will......give me a couple days 8

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Not one drop of rain fell during LDRS 23... later in the day on Sunday and about 1/2 way through the EX day on Monday the range was shut down because of wind. IMO not bad for 6 straight days of launching in central New York in the summer!

Someone can correct me if I wrong... but all I ever hear about Argonia (not to mention the ridicoulus heat) is that it's always windy? If that's true it's a wonder one could fly there at all.

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
Phil Stein

According to Rocketweb :

Yup, too darn hot for us. It was a great relief to get back to our nice cool igloos...

Seriously, it gets just as hot here. It was a muggy heat with the impending T-storms. We find that quite unpleasant. I've been in much higher dry heats and it's not nearly as uncomfortable.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Great, looking forward to it.

What about Point 39 and ER? I don't think Point 39 made a video last year.

Dean

I bought the ER video from last year. The sound sucked - due to wind noise. THose guys need to get a wind screen fro their microphones like Ray Halm & Chuck Rudy use.

Reply to
Phil Stein

My mistake... I never *could* keep the different nomenclatures straight... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I took a video of the B17 taking off and going around the airport. He was flying in formation with another plane. I need to upload it to my web site for the avaition buffs out there....

Joe C.

Joe C

I concur.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Earl was there for several days......I spoke with him briefly and he explained he still had not finished last year's LDRS, so I would expect it in the next few months.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy