Disappointed with LDRS this year

You ain't from around here, are you? ;)
No Belle at Mud Island...she was moved a while back. There is a "Belle" copy flying at airshows.
Mud Island's website shows no Belle:

Again from
Question:
When will the belle be finished'... said three years. When will that be?
Answer:
Our restoration team is working diligently but expects their work to continue through 2005. They continue to uncover additional repairs which need to be made, so check back with our Web site for photo updates in the restoration section. Materials have become a pressing need for our restoration team ... donations of materials and cash to purchase materials is always appreciated by our volunteer restoration team.
Question:
I read the Memphis Belle is coming to our local air show. And, I saw the Memphis Belle at an air show a couple of years ago. How can you be restoring the aircraft when it is traveling around the country to air shows? What is the story?
Answer:
We get this question a lot.
The REAL Memphis Belle has been in Memphis, TN, since July of 1946 when she was saved from the surplus scrap operation in Altus, OK, by the City of Memphis. She is designated a national historic treasure and will never fly again.
More than one B-17 has been dressed up to look like the Memphis Belle over the years. Currently one, which played the Memphis Belle in the 1990 theatrical movie, visits air shows throughout the USA and Canada. The air show advertising makes it sound like tne Memphis Belle is visiting, but check the fine print.
Proceeds from those shows do not support our restoration efforts or the Memphis Belle in any way. We encourage everyone to join our association and/or make a contribution to our restoration work. Cneck out the Get Involved section of this Web site for more information.
Reply to
Tim
I went to Mud Island yesterday. No B-17 there. As was noted earlier, it is at Millington being restored.
Reply to
Tim