DIY cruise missile thwarted

Very insightful. You sir have my kudos.
Bruce Simpson wrote:

If only the people we elect here had a partial understanding of what you've just conveyed.......but alas it's restrict the citizens while the terrorists laugh at the stuffed shirts
--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions
Sell your missle to someone WHO WILL FLY IT.
JUST to prove it was viable.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
wrote:

the

I think that this guy was more interested in the publicity of building a cruise missile than actually building. Thus the perfect was to end it by blaming government grand conspiracy. Don
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Don Hooker) wrote:

Even better was it was true!

Inform them that since such a technology transfer is perfectly legal, that for a fee of only $500,000 (TAX FREE, and reversal of your bankruptcy, erasure of your tax debt, and a convincing letter of apology suitable for framing) you will refrain from selling several copies at $100,000 each to Iran.

Jerry
Be a businessman.

"The power to tax is the power to destroy."
That is what I think and I think more about it every day.
Ted
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% William E. Williams Nic: Ted (*NOT* Bill) %%

"secrecy"
shockwaveriderz wrote:

Evidently, so do many federal employees :)
Doug
Bruce Simpson wrote: << Hi, I'm "that guy"... >>
So what exactly was the purpose of your little cruise missile project? Just to stir up trouble for model plane hobbyists, or what?
i thought we had a constitutional right to own personal icbm's and personal cruise missiles.... shockie B)

Just to

nope, you only have to have the constitutional right to "end" your own unjust government, not someone elses
so ICBM's are a stretch
- iz
shockwaveriderz wrote:

Hey, it's a big country...
-- David

personal
Bruce Simpson wrote: << I didn't want any fallout from this project to affect legitimate users of similar technology. >>
Ok, so what _was_ the purpose of your project? What were you trying to accomplish?

He accomplished it. :)

Ray acts illiterate and even when he is spoon fed information he forgets it shortly thereafter and reverts to all of his false predispositions, usually based on some form of Tripooli brainwashing.
My advise is to ignore him.
But buy his excellent rocket photographs.
Jerry
I asked: "Ok, so what _was_ the purpose of your project? What were you trying to accomplish?"
Bruce Simpson replied: <<The answer to your question is at http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/
Ok, here's a quote from your website:
"The best way to counter this type of technology being assembled by terrorists within the borders of our own country(ies) is to educate the public as to just how possible it is."
What good would that do, except possibly give ideas to scumbags who might never have thought they could do it?
"The price of freedom is vigilance and without the practical proof that it could be done, who would have believed that your new neighbor could be building a "terror weapon" in their garage?"
So basically you're trying to stir up paranoia?
Furthermore, your site says that you are specifically attempting to use materials, components, tools and techniques that won't raise suspicion. So what are people supposed to do, be suspicious of everyone who builds things in their garage or tinkers with electronics, model planes, etc?
Or perhaps you think the government should start restricting common materials, components, and tools?
Frankly, I don't see anyway that you activities could have a positive result for anyone other than terrorists and others who want to see free societies become less free.
RayDunakin wrote:

IMHO, his project points how STUPID it is to think that one _can_ "do something about terrorism" by attempting to restrict _any_ "common materials, components, and tools".
It also goes to show what a bully the USA is on the international scene, that a nation like N.Z. can be intimidated, by the thought of the USA considering it "not helpful", into going outside its own laws to hassle its own citizens. As a loyal American citizen, I am offended by, and ashamed of, the actions of my nation in this matter.
-dave w
Dave W. wrote: << It also goes to show what a bully the USA is on the international scene, that a nation like N.Z. can be intimidated, by the thought of the USA considering it "not helpful", into going outside its own laws to hassle its own citizens. >>
While I accept the possibility that this is what occurred, I don't recall seeing any proof Mr. Simpson's legal problems were the result of U.S. influence. As for NZ "going outside its own laws", what law did they break?
It called means to an end.
just because something is legal does not make the REASON for doing it "right" or even in some cases legal.
While this is not something applied to people it is VERY IMPORTANT for it to be applied to a government.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

break?

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in