DIY cruise missile thwarted

Given all the untrained marksmen, it might be better to drop stun guns. Or have a way to just gas the plane with something that incapacitates everyone (except the pilots!) but isn't fatal. That gives the crew time to handcuff the bad guys, dump them out the hatch, and take back control of the airplane.

Bob Kaplow

Why not just seal each passenger in his own little box. The problem is sol-ved. :-)

John

Reply to
John Stein

Point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

???? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I asked the man what he expects the public to do about one potential threat. I haven't seen him proposing a defense against that threat. He _is_ stirring up a lot of paranoia about it, but we all know how the government responds to that: More restrictions on freedom.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Bruce Simpson wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

right lane is for slow cars and trucks (the reason for the stay right except to pass sign), middle lane for faster cars and passing trucks, left lane for fastest cars......period.......being forced to pass on the right is putting the passing driver in the worst possible blind spot for any driver in a left lane......the worst of the ameteurs are in the middle lane making a mess of traffic.......IF American drivers could pay attention long enough and be in the proper lane there would be no reason to pass anyone on the right. I have no problem being in the right lane if I'm the slowest thing on the road, now if American drivers could just figure out what those red and white yeilds signs are........nah, the little 5 letter word 'merge' messes them up ;-)

Yes, it is often the first reason for the closing of the turnpike on a winter's morning....the doubles seem to jacknife much quicker than the

48 footers

I live at the end of a bypass, it seems even tractor trailers cannot stop at the red light (ungodly crash that was two months ago) the expressway ends sign doesn't seem to work......every two weeks we hear the skid and the boom, once in awhile it''s a shovel recovery--yesterday the road was closed for three hours while they cleaned up......they just scrape the parts off the road and the fire comany hoses the blood out of the roadbed.......some people seem to be under the impression that limited access highways never end. The worst part is the people who are getting hit are the innocent ones, but the one's blowing the redlight because the can't seem to stop never get hurt too badly

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Unfortunatley some folks use the bright lights to flash.......that feels good on the old eyes ;-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

The only way to be sure that no one brings weapons or things that might be used as weapons aboard an airplane is to replace United, American, Delta, et al with "Buck Naked Airlines"...

Bob Kaplow

IIRC that didn't work too well in that Russian theater........anyone with comromised health will suffer, some until death

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

IMO they should just use happy gas, preemptively. Why not let everyone party or have a group hug on the flight?

- iz

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Now thats a cool idea.

If I ever catch a hijacker on my plane I plan to ask the pilot with a wink if we can "accidentally" open the hatch at 6k or so :-)

he struggled opened the door and out he went. we will just not mention the part about my foot up his ass as he went out.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

You only really need ONE ingreadient to have a VERY safe and ideal society.

ONLY ONE and it is that very one ingredient that we DO NOT have and are NOT LIKELY to have and this appears intentional to me.

an EDUCATED POPULACE

Problems Solved.

Problem is this also would elim> have forced the airlines and authorites to ramp up their security measures

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Below

Again what happens about my scenario. I am "in the process" of passing at

70 mph or so and they STILL try and pass on the rigth if they think they can squeeze by at 80 or 90

I am still not sure I understand. is this a kind of road where the light appears "suddenly" or something ?

around here whenever their is an invisible traffic light (around a short corner turn or over a hill) they always have a sign that flashese when that hidden signal is read so you know to slow down.

is this what your talking about ?

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

When ever I flash a truck that he can "move over" I turn the headlights "off" for a moment and then back on. so the brights don't blind him since it is likely he will be looking directly at me in the mirror to see when he is far enough ahead. :-)

Most truckers are VERY road curteous. Some are annoying though. like when they pass and them move back over a few FEET in front of me. I then have to hit the brake to regain my buffer.

but overall I have never had a problem with them.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

If I look in the rear view and someone is gonna get to me before I can make the pass I have two options, hold and let them pass, or squeeze the throttle to get by faster and get out of their way. Looking far ahead is almost as important as looking far behind......I was headed past NC moving along in the hammer lane at a decent clip, from the slow land a fellow obviously didn't want to turn off his cruise control and pulled out in front of me forcing a 10mph slow down, when I looked int he rear view I saw a big grille 10 feet from my bumper and closing.....what do I do? Here was a guy who put me at risk because he couldn't look in his rear view and I was about to be the hood ornament for a big Ford Tractor trailer..........to keep from getting hit I tried to guage myself to stay just ahead of the truck but not run over the clown, I had to hit the bright lights in the daytime........he ran off the road giving me the space not to get hit. If he had your 'in the process' idea I would have been a sandwich......outside factors can affect an outcome.......which brings me to another rule of the road, the mental midgets are not permitted to have cruise control.

The expressway ends and a red light appears, so they must slow from

70mph (which they are all doing) to a 45 mph zone and red light. But red does not seem to be their color.

Yep.....that's it, they can't seem to read the 'expressway ends' sign which means slow down.......obviously a blinking 'slow down clown' sign is in order. If the dopes were killing themselves it would not be a problem, but they are killing people who are simply trying to turn at a red light.....and I have to turn at that redlight every day. I pulled out onto the road one day from the side street, I had the green, and fortunately I moved right to the passing lane as a guy blew the redlight and blew by BEHIND me, passing me. How late was he? If I were 3 seconds slower I would have gotten hit in the driver's door. Oh, he was on the phone.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I'm likin' your idea Iz!

:-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

As far as I can tell, such a substance ("happy gas" or "knockout gas") is an urban legend... I don't think there is any substance which, dispersed into the air, will reliably and safely induce a state of unconsciousness or intoxication.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

if there is, I'm sure it is DoD classified

- iz

David We> Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Utterly incorrect. HE PULLED OUT INFRONT OF YOU while you were already going faster.

that is NOT the scenario I described to you. I would NEVER pull into the left lane if their is someone already their going faster than me that will clearly catch up to me before I can finish passing someone.

THAT is what you described so do not compare me to it.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

I agree!

Reply to