Donation

Hello again Bruce,

Just did a $100.00 purchase for Save-Rocketry now through PayPal and it came through as if it was just a donation. I'm hoping it goes through with you guys as a purchase for 12 raffle slots. I think I've done a prior purchase of $150.00 or so. If I'm supporting the lawsuit, I might as well take advantage of the prospect of winning some nice rocketry stuff. Of course the luck of the draw play a part and I take solace that the funds are going to a just and worthy cause. :)

Best regards, Kurt Savegnago TRA 10384 NAR 84326

Reply to
Kurt

A raffle purchase to a group like this IS a donation.

The "prize" is a gift.

You may get no prize (but not likely based on ticket sales to date).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hi Kurt,

the paypal screen when you pay says:

Pay To: Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. Payment For: Save Rocketry Now Raffle

So they know it's for the raffle.

It does however go to a generic thank you page after the fact so I can see your concern. I know Kevin and Bruce Lee are seeing the paypals off the website as raffles however, so you should be covered.

Art Upton

begin 666 pixel.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
ArtU

As I recall, NAR and TRA were splitting the legal bill. Are the funds from this raffle going to the NAR half or the TRA half?

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

You have to have half go to each half. If you don't have to have it halved this way, I don't know how you would have to do it.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Directly to the lawyers is all it says.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

funny man...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Kurt...

Your contribution went exactly where you intended; as Bruce receives the notifications from PayPal, he forwards them to me so I can record them. Yours was recorded just a few minutes ago.

Thanks for your participation!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

The way the lawyers are paid is this... NAR & TRA have setup an account with the lawyers; as the lawyers do billable work, they take money from that account. When the account runs low, the lawyers notify NAR & TRA, who trade off contributing the agreed upon amount to the account.

The money collected from this effort will be deposited into that account, so it goes directly to the lawyers to pay the legal bills. The only money that won't go there is up to $5,000 for advertising and anything taken by financial institutions as processing fees.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I would hope yet another effort EXCLUSIVELY for advertising is done. There are plenty of people that see extra value there.

I would also hope TRA and NAR adopt some of my simple "stroke of the pen" changes so we will have over twice as many people in rocketry available for such efforts (and keeping errortech out of bankruptcy).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That would be Bruce Lee for those concerned about the other Bruce.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ooops,

I must have pushed a wrong button as I thought this was sent privately to tripoli. My questions were answered and I was reassured that is where the money went. Did somebody from tripoli post this to rmr? I don't mind but I thought I kept better track of what I send where. Sheesh its' hell to get old.

Kurt

Kurt wrote:

Reply to
Kurt

Nope, you posted it to RMR. 8-}

We promise, we won't hold it against you.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski