[F-FT] RMS delay question/comment

The ball's still in play, Jerry. You're claiming victory in the middle of the first quarter. Here's a reminder for you:

"ORDERED, that the plantiffs' request for the Court to (1) order the ATF to recognize sport rocket motors as propellant actuated devices and (2) order that the Question and Answer sheet currently posted on the ATF's website either be removed or revised are DENIED. It is further ORDERED, that the parties shall proceed with the litigation of this case as previously scheduled by the court."

-
Reply to
raydunakin

Poor, poor Jerry.

raydunakin

They fear feedback on their OFFICIAL words?

Interesting.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

THis makes no sense. You think someone should adjust their rocket which they've invested at leat $100 to work right with a $1 delay? If that's the case, maybe AT should only make one kind of delay & everyone can adjust the hell out of their rockets. Also I suppose all electric timers should be preset to just one time delay. Like I said

- that doesn't make sense.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Are you saying that you are a manufacturer? Where's dem motors?

Reply to
Phil Stein

The rules do. The rules are broken.

As is any effective feedback and control system for them.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe by you since you brought it up.

Reply to
Phil Stein

jerry, where in the rules does it state that rockets must be modified to be compatible with incorrect delay timing, as opposed to say, obtaining the proper delay time for the rocket/motor in question?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Have you contacted Max Baines (CMT), Jack Kane (S&T) or Paul Holmes (TMT) directly to get their comments? While they each may post something here once in a blue moon, I'm pretty sure none are regular readers.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

When the manufacturer's available delay times do not match the aerodynamic requirements of the rocket. In that case the only way to achieve ejection at apogee is to modify the mass and / or drag of the rocket to match the available delays.

Or, violate the Safety Code with a specifically outlawed modification to the delay grain.

Safety rules originally adopted in the Sixties were tailored to the extant motors available then. Times change, unless you want us to give up microwave ovens, go back to B&W TV and rip out our air conditioners ?

We need to revise the rules, without putting burden and cost on the manufacturer's.

I believe the problem can be solved by inserting something like the following:

"Motors shall not be modified in any way unless specific instructions for modification are included in the instruction sheet provided by the manufacturer."

With a Safety Code worded this way, should the manufacturer choose to include a simple method to drill the delay grain we would have an infinite number of delay times available to match the requirements of the rocket being prepped for launch. Should the manufacturer choose to NOT provide such instructions, you can bet my motor bucks will be going to another source :-)

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

Dave Grayvis infers (but does not state) he is Brian Teeling.

Dave Grayvis is obviously lacking both knowledge and sense.

From first hand experience I can affirm that certainly applies to the real Brian.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Only others can infer, he would have to imply.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

jerry, you were found guilty of civil fraud. I and three other plaintiffs were awarded a judgment of over $60,000. That was ten years ago.

To date, you have not paid a single penny of that judgment.

you are a DEADBEAT, plain and simple.

Why can't you be like you brother, John? He's got a wife, kids, a good job. He pays His bills, He doesn't have arson fires set ,He doesn't ship HazMat illegally... etc.

Be more like John.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

newreader

Slander, lies and personal attacks are not "feedback".

Reply to
raydunakin

Gary says he can do this mod without having to recert the motors. If so, it should cost close to nothing. If he wants to support than and it needs to be retested, it's the cost of doing biz. Cesaroni and Loki have done it and it didn't kill them.

Reply to
Phil Stein

And how does this apply to the discussion? I'd say about as much as the fact that he has a judgemnt against you that you haven't paid.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Unless you live in Jerryland.

Reply to
Phil Stein

discussions of brothers, proven false arson claims, and essentially ANY change of subject.

This thread has a title showing how much YOU have drifted this thread.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Brothers? You mean there's two of you? I never mentioned your brother. I haven't mentioned your enjoyment of arson in a long time.

Reply to
Phil Stein

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Phil Stein at snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net wrote on 4/10/05 11:57 AM:

No I didn't.

When we choose to have motors certified with variable pyrotechnic delays, they will be tested in the manner acceptable to TRA/NAR.

Gary/RCS

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield