[F-FT] RMS delay question/comment

Sounds exciting.
Hand drilling works for Loki motors too. In fact Loki motors are certified that way, and the method is noted in the instructions. We still recommend using the DAT tool because it makes it just soooo quick, easy and repeatable. Thanks again to the guys at CTI for making the DAT tool available.
Good luck with the LURs, really, something has to be done to get the cost of F and G motors down.
Jeff Taylor Loki Research
Reply to
Jeff Taylor
(facing
Correct, although I don't think the diameter of the drill bit matters much.
9
Reply to
raydunakin
This should be in the manufacturer's instructions. That way whether you use a trick tool like the DAT for a Pro38 or just a plain twist drill you have not performed an illegle act and the Moror Police will leave you alone :-)
John
Reply to
John Bonnett
Agreed! I have rockets with 29mm mounts that really need something in the G64-G80 range, and G80s are just outrageous at $25 MSRP. (I do understand the dynamics of the cost of manufacture, so I don't mean to imply that AeroTech is gouging; I just wish I had a way to score a load of them for about $15 each)
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
In article GJh5e.482$uY4.330@okepread04, Kevin Trojanowski at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.cox.net wrote on 4/7/05 3:36 PM:
Become a dealer. ;-)
Gary/RCS
Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield
I disagree.
The solution is market size increase and the ONLY way is to LOWER barriers to entry.
I sure wish TRA and NAR would contribute to that at the NFPA, TMT/S&T and internal policy levels.
The problem right now is not MAINLY regulation. And the crippled market size prevents effective regulatory change power.
Jerry
This should be in the FAQ.
Prices come and go, and may vary.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Don't have a digital camera, eh?
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Never!!
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Not sure of conversion rate but I'm paying - AU$
$40 - G40 $44 - G80 $65 - 2x G35EJ Can't even find a G64 Reload.....
There goes the weeks wages......
Reply to
CJC
Gary -
When will it go to TMT or S&T?
Jeff has some kick ass products. You have some catching up to do.
Reply to
Phil Stein
Jerry this is the second time this week -
WIPE YOUR FACE!!!
Do Gary a favor and don't try to help him.
Reply to
Phil Stein
Wipe your face again Jerry.
Reply to
Phil Stein
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Phil Stein at snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net wrote on 4/7/05 4:06 PM:
Won't need to.
Gary/RCS
Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield
1 US$ = 1.31 AUS$
So you pat $30.00 but would expect $25.00 The difference is mostly imnport duties and freight.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Phil Stein at snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net wrote on 4/7/05 4:06 PM:
Yep, so does Ellis, CTI, USR, LOC, PML, RATT Works, Sky Ripper, AMW, Quest, BMS, etc...
We all fill a niche in a niche market.
You're right, but not entirely in the way you're thinking.
Gary/RCS
Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield
Agreed.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 4/7/05 4:00 PM:
I partly agree with Jerry on this one. But NFPA/TMT/S&T is not, IMHO, contributing to the BTE problem.
BTE in hobby rocketry is mostly a challenge of distribution.
Prior to the accident, AeroTech had a plan in place to expand the market and it WAS effective. RCS is working to reinstate that plan now.
Gary/RCS
Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield
Still drives me mad!!!
I think there's only one importer of motors down here??? Dawn Trading........
I'd like to import a few grands worth but have no idea on the legal requirements or customs mumbo jumbo......... To much paper work.....
I know I should buy Australian (The TV commercial says so) but nearly everything I have to do with rockets (Apart from Plywood & Glues) comes from the States or Europe..
Reply to
CJC
But that is achieved by capitalization and other company specific policies.
NFPA requiring 1/2 the expected altitude for a launch site when Centuri grew for dedcades on 1/4 the expected altitude is bogus.
And if we transition to HPR the BTE are excruciatingly huge. Unnecessarily.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine