Interesting high lights of the NAR BoD Meeting and ...

Please?

Prove it!
On 17 Aug 2005 19:10:04 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Why don't you prove that anyone besides you three care?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

The "technology" you speak of, is called a "Rogers D grain", designed by Chuck Rogers, not you.
No such waiver ever existed. Post it if you got it.

Who did Chuck "state" this to?

Who did Chuck "state" this to?
Why do you fraudulently insist that you co-wrote software that in fact, you did not?

Then go ahead and post the evidence, i.e., waivers dating back to '86 and the documents from the FAA proving your above claim.

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Let's not forget the multiple conflicts of interest on Rogers.
He was the TRA leader making the claim.
He was the TRA leader who finalized the claim and issued punishment.
He was the TRA leader who refused to lodge any response from the member "perp" proving the claim false on its face.
He was in a civil dispute at that very time with that member as well.
Jerry

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Correct.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Who did Chuck talk to about this rocket?

That one is easy: Frank announced his candidacy for BOD. This scared the BOD, since they thought that he could win. That would mean that one of them -- possibly Bruce himself -- would not win. Their only recourse was to remove the problem. So they presented some drummed up charges (in absentia) to the kangaroo court who convicted him on all accounts, plus a few extras for good measure. The charges were stuff like holding launches without a waiver (Frank later presented signed FAA waivers) and making motors without TRA approval.
He was only reinstated after a LOT of members complained.
Glen

Imagine what the response would be if Jerry or John or I rejoined, and then tried to run for the BOD :-)
I finally got to meet the guy who was to have been one of Frank's running mates in that election. 2 PHds in one election!
Perhaps both rocket organizations need to stock up on a supply of Viagla. It's for when you need an election.

Why are PHds good for elections ?
Bob Kaplow wrote:

What are you talking about?? There are no "running mates" in TRA elections.

A group of people were going to run along with Frank. Any one wonder why they didn't run at all.
There were quite a few running in that election IIRC around 7 candidates for 3 seats.
I originally intended to vote for him. Then it became apparent that he thought he could accomplish his adgenda by being confrontational with the other board members. I thought that would be counterproductive since he was one person and there were 8 others so I didn't vote for him. Didn't vote for Bruce Kelly either. 8-)
On 12 Aug 2005 07:56:40 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Phil Stein wrote:

Yeah but that doesn't make the candidates "running mates". That term is usually reserved for vice-presidential candidates who are not elected separately from the presidential candidate with whom they are affiliated.
On 12 Aug 2005 12:02:29 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

DUH really?
Phil Stein wrote:

Yeah I know that's pretty obvious but Bob seemed to need the clarification.
Heh,
Actually if you are refering to me, I didn't need the clarification ... I just wanted to get a discussion going about why NAR is such a "fickle dinosaur" ... saying they are for rocketry, but to slow/committed to put their money where their mouths are. Face it, with a tad over 3000 members, NAR really has very little clout beyond this newsgroup or the local NAR baseball field launch.
I mean come on, NAMBLA has more economic and political power (thanks to the ACLU) than does NAR ... and NAMBLA would LOVE to go and fly rockets with your young son ... sick but true!
If NAR trully wants its "glory days" back, they are going to have to adopt a rocketry doctrine similar to TRA. As long as NAR sits back and protects BP manufacture's interests, as long as NAR elects the same old "good 'ole boys" leadership, as long a NAR fails to give its membership what it wants, it will continue to lose members and viability. I'm sorry, people are not very interested in balsa and paper anymore. Yes yes, you the reader will orgasm for a BT-50, BT-50 engine mount, BNC-50, and a B6-4 ... MOST other people outside this group ... DON'T.
The average citizen doesn't care about rockets like you do. This is somethiong that the NAR leadership FAILS miserably to see. Most people are interested in the more MODERN aspects of rocketry ... just look at WHERE the money is!
Lets see, Toys R Us isn't carrying rockets anymore, maybe a few RTF sets on the self, but not like the 60s and 70s ... but HPR sure has a HUGE following! Millions of dollars of AP motors and reloads, ALONE! Seems to be that the launches getting the most coverage and attention are the K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, ... variety. I mean yes, you have to start an 8 yr old with a low power setup, but within a few years, the B4-2 and the C6-5 give way to the F-52 and the G-80 ...
Most people are not going to pursue rocketry because they have IQs over 150. Most people are not going to pursue orcketry because they have a chemical engineering degree or they can do differential equations like adding 2+2. The VAST majority of people who involve themselves in rocketry do it because of the fun; the smoke, the flash, and noise. NAR CLEARLY fails to see this, and THIS is why they lost over 300 members this year, and will lose ANOTHER 300+ more next year. They SIMPLY DON'T GET IT.
Not everyone is a little nerd with a Phd, or votes veggan. Not everyone was there for NARAM 4, 6, 12, or 16 ... there are people new to rocketry TODAY that look at an Estes Alpha III then look at a LOC Bruiser and choose, guess what, the BRUISER ... DON'T you NAR people even get it? Guess not ... Bunny get ready to ship out 300 fewer magazines next year ... and the year after that and the year after that ... until you call can meet anually for your "pat on the back" circle jerk while the rest of the world moves forward.
And the beat goes on ... NAR you are a DINOSAUR ready for extinction!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

No Art, I was referring to Bob K. He's the one who said he met somebody's potential "running mate" in a TRA election, where there are no running mates.

I think the NAR has come a long, long way from where it was back when they were kicking people out for flying G motors at private launches. There are still some of those "dinosaurs" in the NAR, but you can find individual idiots in any org.
In what way do you think the NAR needs to improve? What, specifically, do you think they should be committing their money to?

Just because te organization doesn't have "running mates" doesn't mean that 3 people can't get together and run for the board as the "Dump Kelly" slate. Which is what Frank was planning before TRA kicked him out to try and stop him from running for the BOD.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

So get your terminology right then.

Sure Bob, keep telling yourself that. Frank remained in the election and was not elected, because most people had sense enough to see that his "give ATF/NFPA/CSFM/CPSC the finger" platform was worse than useless.