Interesting high lights of the NAR BoD Meeting and ...

wrote:

Which ART are you referring to ?
Seems LunarLos goes by Bob ?
bob/art, whoever you are:
Long after HPR has become banned/outlawed or so reduced in numbers that nobody left will care, model rocketry will still be here.
I don't know that the TRA makes its membership numbers available, but I was under the impression that their membership has had some decline too over the past few years. SO its not a just a NAR problem.
The only reason for being that the TRA has is HPR: if theres no HPR, there won't be any reason for the TRA. On the other hand, if heres was no HPR, while it would significantly impact the NAR, the NAR has model rocketry to fall back on.
Also NAR membership is about 4.5K, not less than 3K, while TRA membership levels are approx 4K .
As far as "where the money is"... I would think that Estes sales alone, are probably of a magnitude more than all of HPR combined.
The NAR is not protecting " the BP interests"; the NAr protects "its interest", just as TRA protect its interests; its the BP interests that sit on the NFPA that made the NFPA 1127, lets get real, the model rockety manufacturers have no love lost for HPR; they would just as soon as it disappear as fast as it appeared. They think the NAR/TRA lawsuit is a waste of time and money and a lost cause. Why do you think Estes/Quest, arguely the 2 biggest model rocketry manufacturers, could care less about the NAR/TRA lawsuit? Because they don't have a dog in the fight, that's why. Now of course they won't tell you this publicly, but they will say it in private.
You are going have to stop drinking or smoking or whatever it is, that provides the impetus for these raving rants.
get your facts straight first then come back and spew.
shockie B)

I think Quest / Bill does care about the lawsuit. And Estes SHOULD. A person who is into HPR buys and flies a whole lot more Estes / Quest motors than the typical Questes customer who is in the hobby for 2 months. Without the influence of HPR on our hobby, we'll have less kids involved.
-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in an American flag.

I can tell you LunarLos is not this Art ;-)
Art "the other art" Upton

So if we get our magazine editor to hijack our magazine, and then rip off our members for 10 years, issue bogus motor certs, throw out members that piss off the BOT, change our bylaws behing the members backs, and elect felons and drug abusers to the board, we'll get our glory days back?
I think not.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

No but you will bend to competitive pressures with TRA.

Who is this "lunarlos" jerk who refuses to identify himself?
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I may be wrong but I believe it's Art Applewhite.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Seriously doubt that Ray. lunarlos appears to to have a far better grasp of reality compared to Art's rantings. Not by much though :)
Ted 'sun did a *fine* job on my dome today' Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Ok, I was worried when you said ART all by it's self.
I prefer the use of last names now since the stock value of my first name has gone to heck in a hand basket ;-)
Art Upton

LOL!! Have any Arts earned the title of 'Last Year's Loser' yet?

Today was the deadline. It might take few minutes to see how big a landslide it was before the results are posted!
AZ "I have a beard, but I'd not use whiskers for recovery" Woody

No you seemed to think it needed to be clarified. Using personal attack as the methodology.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What "personal attack" are you referring to?
Glen Overby wrote:

Frank's suspension had nothing to do with the election. He was holding a private launch at the same time and (virtually) the same place as ROC's launch. The ROC folks considered this an interference with their launch. They also thought he didn't have a waiver. Frank was reinstated a short time after the suspension when he showed that he did indeed have a waiver, and promised not to conduct his launches at the same time as the ROC launches.

Well, that's just too bad. We've had a TRA BOD member do that to us during a NARAM.

So the board suspended first, without a hearing, then investigated afterwards. Nice to know things really haven't changed that much.
I don't normally comment on TRA issues but this concerns me.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

They "thought" he didn't have a waiver? They didn't know this was a fact? Can you say "Burden of Proof?"
Mario

This should be in the FAQ.
Can you say "irrelevant to TRA BOD?"

Excactly. Frank was kicked out based on a bogus, drummed-up charge. It's easy to look up the NOTAMs issued for waivers, either by phone or over the 'net.
The TRA BOD could have *communicated* with Frank and asked that he send them a copy of the waiver for the kangaroo court hearing.
Are TRA chapters given a monopoly over rocket launches on a given day?
Glen Overby

Clearly no.