IS BRS Making a big profit on LDRS???

Yeesh. What do you want to bet that wiaterd's a Democrat?

"It's okay to make money, just don't make too much money. Oh, BTW, we get to decide how much is too much."

I agree with Doug; if people are willing to pay what BRS is asking, and if they come out ahead, more power to them. (The only objection I would have is if Joe Clubmember pockets the profits.) If BRS has money and/or nice equipment they can host more events, do more community outreach, heck do a 'Make it and Take It' that wouldn't cost individuals money.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Wrong again. I am about as big a Republican as you can find.

Reply to
wiaterd

Tripoli buys extra insurance for LDRS. Maybe you've not noticed, but the Tripoli policy now only cover rockets if they land within one mile of where they were launched.

Lots of rockets at LDRS have the potential to land over a mile away.

Supposedly one rocket at this LDRS drifted into the town of Geneseo, but I have no idea if that is more than mile. Today, one very upscaled mosquito with shredded chute landed in the parking area and was 20 feet from a woman.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Over the years, I've learned to recognize the difference between democrats and republicans.

Democrats tax and spend.

Republicans spend and tax.

Taxpayers get screwed by both. And both trample our rights.

Bob Kaplow

Bipartisan just means you're getting screwed by both parties.

GC

Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP

That's why TRA Kontrol took over and killed the Fest launches. Couldn't withstand the competition.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Plus % of vendor fees, plus magazines never delivered, plus insurance surcharges, plus commissions on other fees, plus advertising specialties . . .

And yes part of what is spent is on the lawsuit, but a big part is the cash payments to board members.

NAR for example does not even pay travel and lodging. Board members do. Do NOT elect me to NAR BOD.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

14 years of HPR magazines being paid for, only partially delivered, and NOT fully refunded.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

Your information must be dated, because as the host of (2) Recent LDRS launches (1999 and 2003) KLOUDBusters has seen none of the extraneous fees that you mention. Our dealings with Tripoli were straight forward.

Chuck Mies

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Chuck Mies

As a prior host perhaps you can share what % of the various things went to "Tripoli National"?

  1. vendor fees,
  2. magazines never delivered
  3. insurance surcharges
  4. commissions on other fees
  5. advertising specialties (hats, shirts, cups, etc)
  6. cash payments to board members (travel and lodging)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What a crock. The things that "killed" the fest launches were:

  1. Changes in state law mandating licenses and fees for users, vendors and motors.

  1. The 5000' altitude limit initially imposed by FAA when real waivers were obtained.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry's only response:

Reply to