LOC PRECISION Information Release

I read it.
I also read this thread with an eyewitness report that seemed to indicate tumble recovery (3rd message down):
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid '935&highlight=loc+spool
I guess that person saw a recovery system malfunction.
Later messages clearly showed a parachute and deployment (from what I read - about halfway down from apogee?)
As I stated earlier: "I have seen Quest flying saucers modified for 29mm Aerotech RMS motors and flown with a G64-4W load. The ejection occurs uncomfortably low and the delay afterburn is still blazing as it hits the ground."
Apparently the spool has less drag than the flying saucer and the parachute helps slow the final descent.
I asked legitimate questions and I explained why I asked them.
I got a couple of good responses and a lot of useless responses. It's good that I was able to waste massive amounts of your time. Apparently with Jerry not posting much there is an awful lot of spare time around here.
"too bad, so sad"
;-) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/05/business/worldbusiness/05smiley.html
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
http://www.sirius.com /
Phil Stein wrote:

Like a RTF bowling ball?
atually it was suggested by a fellow named Tom...so guess it is Tom Spoolery Bullets are hard to ship when done...bummer b

> This is the perfect park flyer! Be the hit at your Scout launch with the noise smoke and fire of the Cool Spool - 150'-200' of pure fun.
I was at the one launch where Barry test flew the thing. I agree, it's a fun little novelty rocket.
Chuck
We were lucky enough to have Barry at LOC send us a handfull for NERRF this past weekend. We sold most of them and we even got to see one fly on an F50, it really went great and everyone enjoyed it. Very cool little RTF rocket, the graphics are outstanding on it. We will have more in stock at Countdown Hobbies soon...
How much did you sell them for? I enjoying flying HPR spools at our club launches, and I think this might be perfect for my son. Like most kids he absolutely loves spools :)
-strudle