LOC PRECISION Information Release

Fred

If you fly one indoors it will likely cause a fire - definitely not recommended - these odd rocks pop their chutes at or just below apogee - never had one hit the ground not under chute (except the prototypes which we didn't put in chutes for...) Not like a Snitch or other non-chuted things.

We decided to put parachutes in them to keep the risk of problems low.

Just be smart, follow normal NAR rules for flying - Aerotech rules for motors and use at least an Estes E pad and have fun. Daddy always told me "Don't knock it till u try it..makes u look smarter in the long run.." DOC

Reply to
<locprecision

Thanks for that answer. No problem with delay afterburn because they do not plummet out of the sky. They have a parachute and that slows the descent so there is nothing left burning by the time it lands.

Just we all wanted to hear. Thanks again for expalining it clearly.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Reply to
<locprecision

Well, if you would READ Fred, this RTF rocket uses a parachute and so needs a delay and ejection charge.

Only giving back what you post out, sorry.

CD

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Well Fred, you were told that long ago if you had read the post ;)

Reply to
Cranny Dane

I read it.

I also read this thread with an eyewitness report that seemed to indicate tumble recovery (3rd message down):

I guess that person saw a recovery system malfunction.

Later messages clearly showed a parachute and deployment (from what I read - about halfway down from apogee?)

As I stated earlier: "I have seen Quest flying saucers modified for 29mm Aerotech RMS motors and flown with a G64-4W load. The ejection occurs uncomfortably low and the delay afterburn is still blazing as it hits the ground."

Apparently the spool has less drag than the flying saucer and the parachute helps slow the final descent.

I asked legitimate questions and I explained why I asked them.

I got a couple of good responses and a lot of useless responses. It's good that I was able to waste massive amounts of your time. Apparently with Jerry not posting much there is an awful lot of spare time around here.

"too bad, so sad"

;-)

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to