Naramlive has been updated.

you can do RC ready to go for under $100

even cheaper if you already have the transmitter

Chris Taylor Jr

IceAge wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Or the poor. So we should have some classes based on income.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Hmm, I don't recall reading this in the pink book, either... ;-)

Dave (ducking)

Reply to
Dave

Nowadays, the Texas Competition Consortium

taken it upon themselves to fill in this gap. They keep a pretty well organized list of current records and recordholders on their site. When someone sets or breaks a record, they notify the new recordholder, as well as the previous recordholder, so you probably knew about our Team C-ELD record at about the same time they notified us ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sure you can get a cheap RC system for $100. Not that useful for a PD model. Nor is spending $100 going to put J Random Newbie in a position to compete against a George Gassaway in F DELD or E RCRG.

Flying RC aircraft is a non rocketry skill. And not one I'm particularly interested investing the time and money to develop. Nor were aparantly all but 4 of the NARAM participants.

Bob Kaplow

Maybe, but if you don't have income you probably have time to build.

I'd go with athletic fitness/endurance classes. e.g. how far you can chase a model.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

They work pretty WELL? A B6-2 off a piston would be OK, but I would still prefer a B14-3, or a B7

You can't stop him, and he would probably get additional mission points for carrying eggs in the payload bay.

Reply to
Alan Jones

It's the one event where you, Bob, could demonstrate your composite building prowess. All of it...if it exists.

Kevin Kuczek

Reply to
Kevin Kuczek

Nope. First notification I got was looking at the NARAM-45 packet for my ELD record and not finding it. "Hey, who the he!! are these 'dave' guys that broke my record?"

Bob Kaplow

The B6-2 needed no piston. Just a thermal.

I flew a B7 the first flight. Probably boosted a bit higher, but less lift, and landed in a tree right over the data trailer. The egg got trashed getting the model out of the tree.

Bob Kaplow

That would be me, right? Lets see, I half dozen eggloft RG with an allowable budge of 10 bucks only allowed to build the glider, yea, I can do that 8^)

OOH, something I might actually place in!! Id suuuuurely beat GCG, Chris T, the Always, and Bob Kaplow at *something*.

Whats the weighting factor, and do diabetics get extra credit?

AstronMike

Reply to
Mike Lee Kochel

Been there, done that. It's just not worth the effort. Composites do me better in glider events.

Talk about vindictive competitors. They've changed more stupidroc rules to stop innovation than any event in the pink book. And DQed innovators 2 days after flying.

Bob Kaplow

What are you, some sort of marathon runner?

I think it's an inverse function of your body mass. And no extra credit, but you do get an extra insulin shot just for safety...

Bob Kaplow

Sounds like _that's_ the real problem, not the event itself...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Not anymore, but Im still rather light but strong for 125lbs. And Im always running around at work too......

Wouldnt help, I still get very dizzy and occasionally pass out cold once in awhile.

AstronMike

Reply to
Mike Lee Kochel

Well yes, you can do it, and therals are key to performance, but I think you will find a piston of substantial benefit.

And just to add parity to the insanity, we should add events B/G Altitude, R/G Altitude, Hellicopter Altitude, Flexwing Altitude... all for boost or ejection altitude.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

At best, stupidroc is something that is fun to build and fly once. Only once. IF you want something to make altitude easier to track (lover altitudes and bigger models) you should fly FAI altitude instead. Well, actualy FAI altitude rules need fixing as well.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The event has produced these rules changes, both before and afte the fact.

Bob Kaplow

In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GCGassaway) writes: Please read my reply to Chris.

Bob Kaplow

That's ONE.