Naramlive has been updated.

It was also a set of checks and balances that you did things correctly. Now who knows. And the loss of reference plans on what actually set records impacts the magazine. Record setting plans used to appear all the time. When is the last time you saw one in SpRockets?

Bob Kaplow

And I apologize for not giving you the opportunity to say this to our faces at NARAM this year. Please forgive us ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Bob, please don't use my words to make a nasty and unfounded dig at a very decent fellow rocket guy.

Peter Alway

Reply to
PeteAlway

Huh? The event has? I thought humans were involved somewhere.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He didn't. The word desent does not apply in my experience.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

snipped-for-privacy@aol.computer (Mike Lee Kochel) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m21.aol.com:

The rocketeer's ballistic coefficient.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (PeteAlway) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:

Amongst other words of wisdom, the sage Peter Alway sayeth:

So, we'd need to add a strategic element (one of my maxims as a system architect is "there's no problem so simple that we can't find a complex solution to it"). Split the entrants' list ranked by points into two halves. The top half are the BTCs. We can let them fight it out tooth and nail.

Let's take the bottom half. Let's call them them the Half-Last competitors. In this category, the strategy is to enter NARAM with just enough points to put you at the top of the Half-Last list, rather than at the bottom of the BTC list.

The remainder is left to the contestant as an exercise.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

"Very decent" is pushing it, but he is mostly decent, and a highly skilled and respected modeller and competitor. If it was not for his deep commitment to NAR competition, I would not vote for him as an NAR trustee.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

And this reinforces the point that NAR competition is a dimming flicker in time and space, and so far no efforts have popularized it.

Sport rocketry and simple competitions where virtually ANY rocket can enter are good ones. Spot landing, predicted altitude, drag race and "What's your Hurry" pop to mind. And Beerloft :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point. His Shuttles beyond rock too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ABSOLUTELY!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

What are the Pink Book rules for the post-competition Pissing Contest Duration event? Who administers that?

Scott "Vicarious competitor and Pissing Contest fan" McCrate NAR

71680
Reply to
Scott McCrate

Mark Bundick by tradition.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What are the Pink Book rules for the post-competition Pissing Contest Duration event? Who administers that?

Reply to
GCGassaway

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It lasted from 1970-1975.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Rules? We don't need no steenken rules...

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Right now, B division is roughly high school age. It maps mostly to skill differences.

Until recently, there just weren't enough women at a NARAM to even consider this. [Yes, I realize this statement was in jest]

Correct. Woosh cleaned up in A&B divisions this year, as did just about every recent section champ. Back when NIRA was seriously competing we had lots of kids flying. THe adults mostly racked up flight points, the kids won the pennant.

Bob Kaplow