[TRA motor certs] USR

Of course, only within the insane little universe of Tripoli's control trip would it _matter_ whether otherwise-identical motors were manufactured before or after some administratively-based "decertification" date!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Don't forget I was never even NOTIFIED by TRA they were "decertified". I found out from an East coast customer when a motor was refused for flight. Seemed impossible to me at the time. Apparantly I was wrong.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Seems like Frank was like the "teacher's pet" at TRA for a number of years, and then they went and "flipped" on him and started "giving him the Jerry treatment"... right about the time that AT announced the "Kosdon by Aerotech" stuff.

Funny thing about the timing of that, huh?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Cite?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Most of what you post is opinion and speculation. I would say the snippets of Sue McMurray's corresxpondence is at least direct testimony, but the challenges to it on a variety of levels was high even then for good reason.

The statements made by Sue are incredible on their own merit. But what is even more interesting was Bruce Kelly reduced the cone of silence just long enough to (allow the) post this party approved tome, but raised it fast enough to make sure to NOT respond to any and all replies, yes even in private.

When do I get my hearing?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope, KBA came afterwards.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You "did" what?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You sir are paying attention.

That's why he buddies up to me now to some extent. Like treatment.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, Frank hates your guts.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I've dealt with Jerry - I was a bit cautious, but it worked out fine. (I didn't give him the cash until I smelled the propellant.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

That certainly corresponds with my general impressions. (The last part - that Kelly was, effectively, dictating policy to her with respect to Jerry - was previously merely a suspicion of mine. It looks like it's been confirmed now, that's _precisely_ what was going on!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

This is why TRA isin no-comment mode. No hearings, no letters stating motors are decertified. 100% don't ask don't tell because everytime they open their big mouths they seem to admit to yet another prior covered-up issue.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

BTW, Steve, thanks for finding and re-posting this stuff, Steve. I like learning all I can about what went on then and why were are (sic) where we are today.

That having been said, what does any of "The Great T-Shirt Fiasco" have to do with how TRA certifies (or doesn't certify) motors?

If TRA has a beef with Jerry, if they think he owes them money, then sue him. If someone lost money on a T-shirt, turn it over to Visa or a collection agency or small claims court, and by all means post your story to warn off others. But it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my interest, which is seeing that the certifying agencies for rocketry get us out of the mess that they got us into in the first place, because they were a bunch of good ol' boys in a 'club', rather than officers of a non-profit corporation.

David Erbas-White

default wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Jerry, be reasonable. That was a two-pointer, at least...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Certainly clarified something for me, though not in the way you probably intended. (See my last message on this subject...)

Thanks, Steve! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

steve, thanks for the little peek into history. As they say, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

very impressive accomplishments, Chris

please accept my sincere apologies

its no excuse, but I have been suffering from sleep deprivation for several days. I've got way too much work backed up, stuff to digest.

I think I need to shut off my computer and take a few weeks off to catch up

sorry, d0od :(

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

n&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1997&as_maxd=11&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=20

steve's link is

to make a tinyurl, just go to

and follow the instructions

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That would only be true if the ATF were never involved prior to this, and did not previously require LEMP's until this.

"We" are not requiring those permits, ATF is. We are merely requiring that manufacturers be in full compliance.

Reply to
RayDunakin