[TRA motor certs] USR

Why should that be part of "the requirements"?

If you buy an HP inkjet printer, you don't really care that it's (for example), actually "HP by Solectron" (the contract manufacturer where I used to work; NYSE symbol SLR) or any of the other contract manufacturers they may have used. HP is the point of contact for marketing, product support, etc., and they never are expected to involve the end users with the details of their outsource arrangements.

Or to take an example closer to home: If you buy an emergency parachute system for a light airplane, all you need to deal with is the end integrator of the parachute system - it's just a "Second Chance" or "Ballistic Recovery Systems" or whoever branded product. You're not engaged with the fact that the little rocket motor (about an "H" or "I" in the sport rocket size scale) which stretches out the parachute on ejection was originally made for them by someone like I.S.P., are you?

Why should this is not be acceptable for rocket motors? Most potential "outsource manufacturers" probably sell in wholesale lots made on order for customers who take care of the details of "product lines" and "marketing" - why should the sport rocketry market _not_ write "the requirements" such that we can take advantage of this manufacturing resource, instead of insisting that the "actual manufacturer" be the one to offer a product line for certification?? (They wouldn't be the ones have "catalogs" or "advertisments" or any of the stuff that TRA policies seem to call for as evidence that motors are "commercial" enough for them; to "the actual manufacturer", it's just one more pallet-load of one more customer part number.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

How do you know this?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

LMAO!!!

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

You do too. Chuck Rogers' shit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

With the pressure TRA is feeling right now nothing can be ruled out.

Also ATF has a new initiative in the works to kill a-8.

TRA and NAR will probably cooperate and help them.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

More PURE bullshit.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Or U.S. Rockets!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Welcome to the Steve Bloom world.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And now back to, "The Jerry Irvine Fantasy Hour".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

He "infers" it from the lack of enforcement despite a "slam dunk" "sting" everyone agrees occured.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

BTW TRA has no legal basis to conduct stings so they violated several federal and state laws in that process.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hmmm.... If I get you to do something that I think is a crime, but it isn't a crime, have I committed a crime?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

So I am to understand that -you- believe hobby rocketry motors are explosives, and should be regulated as such, despite the Congressional definition of "common purpose"?

Am I to understand that you believe/feel whatever, that the TRA, NAR, the ATF, etcetera are correct in trying to control such as explosives?

I am not faulting you (at least not in this vein) for taking certain actions based upon the current situation. Those are obvious, and that particular wide-spread reaction runs throughout the community.

I am asking where you stand on that type of issue, reguardless of todays' current trends. Your response talks only of current situational trend, and not of 'how it should be'. This end is what I asked, in respect to you.

~ Duane Phillips.

P.S. Make lots of money. Fly many rockets. Such is slow for me at the time... wish I could make it to LDRS.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

That conundrum is why I have not "prosecuted", but consider this. The mere fact you THINK it is contraband and you knowingly RECEIVE it, it matters not if the sting is made with a "legal material" you "believed and/or knew" was illegal.

In this case that squarely applies.

What scares me is there is no known limit how far TRA will go to forward their agenda, whatever it actually is. It certainly is NOT reduction in regulation, or exploiting known good exemptions. Or increasing membership and informing them regularly. We know that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What I'm wondering is, "what _does_ TRA actually want?" Do they actually _have_ anything like a coherent agenda these days? (Even a covert one?) Or are they simply trying to sustain all the weird positions they seem to have backed themselves into over the years?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

That's a good question indeed!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The T-shirt deal only gives credence to the claims that Jerry might not be a very truthful person and maybe fibs a bit when relating his side of the certification story too. I couldn't agree more though, that there is a problem with the motor cert process. It seems overly restrictive and has some bizarre concepts when it comes to "decertifying" a motor just because of some arbitrary time lapse. Hence my communication with the NAR board asking them to change the requirements to reflect truly useful deliverables.

steve e. bloom ;>)

Reply to
default

I give up. You win. There is absolutely no proof that these things you mention did not occur. Please don't hate me for trying.

steve

Reply to
default

Steve,

baDBob was on the OJ jury :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I claim the precise OPPOSITE and here is my basis:

  1. I at all times took full responsibility.

  1. When the deal went south due to exogent circumstances I stepped up and made all refunds personally. I have a 00 t-shirt to show for it.

Bruce Kelly cannot say that.

So if your OWN opinion SYNCS with mine, why do you disagree anyway? For shock value and self-deluded entertainment?

To which they said, thank you for your input. Go away.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine