[TRA motor certs] USR

You fail to answer the direct questions and then tell me to engage the brain. Ok Fred. I asked you how you felt about the stances of the issues, not your mechanical reactions to facts as you perceive them. So far you are only showing a "going with the flow" of current major trend.

I asked where Fred Wallace stands on the issues, not the current day-to-day procedural choices based on existing information. You gave a fairly unemotional response that acted as if you are only acting from sheer fact. That's a load of untruth. You don't know all the facts. You have said as much. You only know the responses you have received. You apparently desire to remain strictly third party... hence "arms-length".

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

What, you mean like having to comply with the requirements? Hmm, seems to me there's a bunch of manufacturers who have done just that.

Reply to
RayDunakin

A letter replete with nuances of "reportedly"... no hearings, no validation, and the GRAND ASSUMPTION that everything propellant must fit into certain control molds.

As we progress in time, and lose more to the insanity... it becomes more and more clear (the insanity).

~ Duane Phillips.

idea. I suggest you

clean-shaven.

.

repair/replacement

Reply to
Duane Phillips

You guys slay me, I believe jerry is not legal to ship based on the facts as I know them. I don' know how much plainer it can be. If that is standing at arms length, IYO, I'm guilty as charged. Now I guess you will want me to cite something to support how I feel, "again". What a vicious circle..

Well, gota go to work and earn some money, so I can pay for those certified motors I need for LDRS. "I" don't think Jerry is gona make the cut this year..

Fred

Duane Phillips wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Actually, no.

I have yet to see anything that says Jerry backdated motors. He was selling to many individuals. Where is the results of the investigation? Where is the presentation to the TRA BOD? Where is BK given the authority to remove certification? What were the proper procedures for cert removal? How do we know these weren't the motors sent to TRA for testing and BK put the labels on them to frame Jerry? How do we know somone else didn't obtain a stash of motor to fly on their own and then relabel them to fly at a TRA launch?

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

As far as anyone can determine, Foxeye is the only one to not get his money back BECAUSE HE REFUSED A REFUND. Therefore, he lost his right to complain.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

We -DO- know two of those scenarios are so outlandish they ACTUALLY HAPPENED PROVABLY. Or a close variation of it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Dastardy terrorist plot, the ruthless eye piercing warhead of the paper airplane.......give it a guidance system and it's on the banned list

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I asked you to work with me on a SINGLE CA/EX number. That work had no fruits, perhaps except rotten fruit.

As a consultant you are ineffective in that area. Please opt out.

As far as the wider claim that the motors are thus and therefore "unclassified explosives".

  1. Such materials ARE allowed to be delivered in 55 pound increments.
  2. Even if you are right that somehow those numbers are invalid and I have not been clued in by the DOT or my lawyer, fine see #3.
  3. What of the other 49 EX numbers? The ones I have been wise enough to NOT share with you.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which ** is ** the case!

BS. 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 and manufacturers who REPORTED TO TRA they were not being required to have a LEMP and HURRY and join the party! TRA is the one who refused. Not ATF and NOT vendors.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How phunnie is that coming from YOU?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

  1. Motors sent to TRA and a "frame". Motors sent and accepted and NOT fired were showing up in Vegas TRA launches and AZ TRA launches. Who is the "primary witness" for this relabeling claim? TRA always gets a primary witness lined up to spout the needed party line. Wouldn't happen to be a "dead person" would it?
  2. Obtain a stash of motors and sell them improperly: Actually happened with Teeling and it wasproven in court.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Do YOU have evidence to support YOUR claims? I thought not.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Well, let me be a bit more specific.

At the time of the Aerotech fire, I was thinking that this might be a market opportunity to fill in the shortage... butI figured that it could take a long time, starting from scratch, for a genuinely new manufacturer of solid propellant to get all the DOT-specified testing to establish the classification for shipping.

Then I thought, well, suppose one had a maker of small "industrial" motors do up a load of small "sport flying" ones in convenient LMR/HPR sizes, and then offered samples of the various types to TMT for "certification". They would already have propellants of established shipping safety, which would streamline that part of the process - no need for "classification of 'new explosives'" before they could be properly shipped.

But then, I thought, wait a minute - isn't that just what Jerry did to supply the "US Rockets" motors? (He has specifically confirmed this.) It seems mainly to have got him a lot of flak about how "the DOT testing isn't in his own name" and "he isn't the actual manufacturer...", and pallet-loads of what are probably very nice motors that we can't get at our launches because of the way Tripoli DECIDED to write and apply its "requirements".

Why wouldn't another supplier attempting the same thing be similarly viewed as "not meeting the requirements"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Who is "we"? And what do "WE" know? Tell us jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Those "other" 49 EX numbers don't exist. Prove that they do. If you keep them a secret, how could you use them to certify?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Jerry, Post the judgement. Prove what you say.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Since it is "obvious" I cannot use those or ANY EX numbers to certify because of all the other jerry-mandered rules, what's the point?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to