[TRA motor certs] USR

Hmm, I just checked the bylaws, and it doesn't exactly say that. It says, "A majority of the number of directors fixed by the Bylaws shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business...>

IANAL, but it seems to me that their physical presence is not specifically required.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I'm reading the minutes of meeting, dipstick! Were you there? No. So you can't claim to have any better source of information than that. And if you believe anything that comes out of Jerry's mouth, you're a fool.

Just look at what he wrote: He said it was a "regional launch", and that Chuck just "called a meeting". It was LDRS, where the annual board meeting always takes place. Do you really believe that all this time there was some other meeting at some other site, and everyone was fooled into thinking they were at LDRS???

Get your nose out of Jerry's backside and come up for air before it's too late!

Reply to
RayDunakin

I was referring to the meeting that happened at the FEST LAUNCH. NOT SOME OTHER MEETING.

And if you believe anything that comes out of Ray's mouth, you're a fool.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That means 5. A certain mathematical number.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Tindell was removed for approving a $500 launcher expense (while he was President with properly that authority) and since that time Kelly and Rogers have allegedly bilked the association for tens of thousands of dollars.

-PER YEAR- !!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

manual some place

You've got me beat. I've only seen one. And yes, it's a bat out of hell off the tower. But with a 4" diameter and a full length core a 2 second burn is less than 1" per second burn rate. Not that out of line compared to the burn rate of our motors.

What does your data say on handling of the motor? Can it be dropped a few feet, or is that a good way to have them wiping your parts up off the road?

Bob Kaplow

Pardon my ignorance, but what is DMM (other than digital multimeter)?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I have been shown what is purportedly the latest edition of the bylaws. The statements regarding changes claimed that they were mainly changes that pertained to 501(c)3 incorporation (phrases required by the IRS). Although I find it unlikely that the proxy issue has been amended since the original by-laws, you could conceivably be correct -- I can only go by the by-laws that I have seen.

If anyone has a copy of earlier by-laws, please feel free to send me a copy, or post the pertinent passages here.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

And as I outlined earlier, the entire point of having such meetings face-to-face (or at the very least, telephonically), is to allow for argument/discussion about issues.

BTW, in the one corporation that I was involved in that DID allow telephonic board meetings, this was explicitly spelled out in the by-laws.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Yes, it is. Since there is specific enumeration of the members being able to use proxies, especially. I have reconfirmed this this evening with a lawyer who deals in this type of work.

Ray, please read what I wrote. I was expounding upon how a meeting is called and what must be done in order to have a legal meeting, and specifically stated that I DON'T know whether or not this took place. I was simply stating that there are additional items that must be properly performed in order for a meeting to be 'legal'.

I don't have the minutes of the meeting, I never said that I did, I'm responding to the (so far undisputed statements) that the meeting occurred through the use of proxies. My complaint is and has been that TRA is simply not properly running the business of TRA. It's that simple.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

"Domestic Mailing Manual", I believe...

-davew

Reply to
David Weinshenker

o happy day! o happy day!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

the request to Tripoli is enroute via certified mail

no doubt they will provide the 'doctored' minutes Jerry referred to

- iz

P.S.: those who would like to do some advance reading for extra credit can visit

for information on mandatory non-profit disclosures

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

the minutes do not accurately reflect the events that took place

you have heard one eyewitness account here. There are others

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

the minutes were *doctored*, Ray ... you understand the concept?

how many eye witness' direct testimony or notarized affadavits will it take to refute your version of the minutes?

that would not be the first 'spontaneous' meeting where such shennanigans took place. One 1994 meeting in New Orleans comes to mind where there was a discussion about the AOIC and By Laws ...

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

those who would like to do some advance reading on the financial aspects of the organization can get some free information by registering at

and search on "Tripoli Rocketry". After reviewing the 2002 disclosure, click on "Form 990" in the left pain for years 1997 through 2001

also see:

"About Form 990 : The Value of Form 990" at

and "Form 990 Questions of Particular Interest"
esp. regarding Line 77,

"Were any changes made in the organizing or governing documents, but no reported to the IRS? If yes, include a conformed copy of the changed document." If you updated your articles, constitution or by-laws since your last Form 990 filing, be sure to answer this question Yes and attach the appropriate copies."

additional information is available at

"Being Transparent: What Forms 990 on the Web Means For Nonprofits" at

"IRS Form 990: New Rules Improve Public Access to Charity Financial Information" at
if you haven't already

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Check your email.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Domestic Mail Manual, I think. It is the USPS bible.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I believe they are also 1.3C and as such are as safe in handling as an AT or USR motor.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine