[TRA motor certs] USR

They volunteered and were elected to the job. When the membership decided it was time for a change, they elected someone else. That's the way it works.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I think they've both gone over the deep end. Sorry Iz.

Our Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

You saw it in print, didn't you? So it's hardly "unwritten".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"...the hobby would go on as it always has."

The hobby is not going on as it always has Ray, it gets worse every year over the last 4 years. I do not understand how you can sit there and claim all is well. I am not the only one saying there is a motor crisis. If the hobby gets relegated to e-business only, it will be effectually dead. What is not in front of the local consumer market will not get adequate advertisement in the hobby space.

All is not well, or there would be no law suit pending right now. Some facts you cannot argue in the face of acute truth, and be reasonably expectant to be believed.

You will deny that some past (and some current) leadership actions/practices (or the lack thereof) have been detrimental to the hobby. I will glady acknowlege that many other things the same leadership has done has benefitted the hobby. I am not on a "witch hunt".

If they would address and correct some of these things, or at least throw open the doors of communication, and realize no one is perfect, and most are giving of their time anyhow, and that is why we can change for the better, then you would see dramatically reduced criticism, and actual growth fit for the times.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

USR motors would have had a grace period too, except that Jerry was backdating new motors to get around the decert.

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's what led to the trouble with Kosdon's decertified motors. IIRC, someone pointed out that they had no way of knowing whether a Kosdon motor was pre-cert or post-cert, so the grace period was cut short.

Reply to
RayDunakin

This should be in the FAQ.

FAQfodder.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yet another example of a (arbitrary) total lack of trust AND a violation of published policy.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Isn't that lying, or cheating? Isn't that the type of thing a scumbag scam artist would do?

steve

Reply to
default

You are so quick to call others names, but, as you posted before, you don't have any first hand knowledge. So here is another chance for you to post your proof that Jerry backdated motors. You do have proof of your accusations don't you?

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

I noticed that when I asked earlier for any proof of this allegation, I was met with total silence. For all those jumping in with comments that "Jerry was backdating motors", all I'm asking for is proof. Given that, I'll believe you--but otherwise, this is just slinging mud with no basis in fact.

David Erbas-White

default wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

how did CER remove ED from office ?

almax

It might very well make things worse. it then might not. but it's not very productive, I don't think, on any corporate standard that might be applied to it.

Reply to
almax

Volunteers do not hope to get elected into a 'volunteer' position with the idea/hope/likely possibility of *making* money (sans expenses).......

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

would

I read (along with many others) a personal account by a trusted member of the rocketry community and TMT committie person that described in detail the finding of back dated motors. You will find no rebuttal by Jerry Irvine. It's up to you to decide who to believe.

Did I tell you that I don't do pyramid schemes either even though I don't have proof that each of them is dishonest?

steve

Reply to
default

Wow, you know Jerry better than I thought!

steve

Reply to
default

I read (along with many others) a personal account by a trusted member of the rocketry community and TMT committie person that described in detail the finding of back dated motors. You will find no rebuttal by Jerry Irvine. It's up to you to decide who to believe.

Did I tell you that I don't do pyramid schemes either even though I don't have proof that each of them is dishonest?

steve

Reply to
default

He called a meeting. Claimed 5 proxies (no evidence, not even letters or faxes). He set the agenda and the sheeple BOD members at that particular regional launch BARELY made a quorem.

I acted as secretary. I do not have my original notes. I gave them to Bill Wood and later on request for a copy was refused.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So if you read it, there must be copies available and an author. Why don't you produce both so we can all read it and verify it.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob