[TRA motor certs] USR

That is false. If you or any one claims otherwise they are false as well.

Are you some how confusing "stolen or converted" motors sold by Teeling?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I know this was claimed, but was it ever proven? Why does the ROL letter from Kelly to Irvine mention DOT/ATF paperwork and comments about TRA on the net instead of that?

What about decertifying other vendors motors that aren't even dated so we don't know when they were made or which ones are certified?

Bob Kaplow

Who are you referring to?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Oh & what is this witch hunt of yours doing for the hobby?

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

he's not got the authority to do, and never did have he's not got the authority to do, and never did have he's not got the authority to do, and never did have

hmmm ... sounds vaguely familiar

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

FAQ FAQ put the FAQT in the FAQ

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Your question is pretty open-ended. Could you clarify?

David Erbas-White

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Phil? OUR Phil? What's gotten into you Phil?

someone feeding you backchannel disinformation?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've heard this several times, could you provide your proof, and what due process was followed?

Is there a published standard for how the dates are to be provided?

If (making this up) a manufacturer mixes some chemicals in 1999, but doesn't complete the 'processing' of the motors until 2000, and decides "it would be in his best interest" to date them as 1999, based on the fact that they were 'started' in 1999, does the written process preclude this?

A businessman will typically use every trick in the book, and every loophole possible, in order to maximize his profits. I'm not saying that 'dating' motors this way should be acceptable (or ethical), my point is that if they don't have it enumerated, then it is arbitrary, and Jerry wins...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

  1. There was never a formal claim. Only a "rumour".
  2. There was never a hearing and one was requested, then demanded, all ignored.

On that basis alone any decertification should be immediately reversed and a stay from further decertifications or any bars from resubmissions until such time as a hearing can be noticed and held. But in the mean time as many motors as can be submitted and at some point tested should be ACCEPTED for certification or recertification updates.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

USR motors that had certification were up for recert, as were other mfgs. Several times, TRA extended the decertification dates for old (grandfathered) motors. (not just jerry's)

Since jerry/USR/POWERTECH/DPT/RDS (ACS didn't enter the picture until

2000.) did not have proper papers, he could not recert. The only motors that could be flown would have to be "old" motors. New Batches required recertification. Hence, the backdating issue.

He did it to usurp the recertification process.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Care to put a real name behind that allegation?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ray does seem to be on a witch hunt.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You didn't answer a single thing I asked, did you?

David Erbas-White

Dave Grayvis wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

You mean, jerry's NOT the center of the universe?!!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No. Just look within TRA.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Really? Ever hear of the ATF, LEMP?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Care to put a real name behind that allegation?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds like your problem is with federal law.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis