[TRA motor certs] USR

I fail to see how TRA either gains or loses money by requiring motor manufacturers meet their standards for certification.

Reply to
RayDunakin

RayDunakin wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Without getting into the cases of a specific individual, I frankly do not see a problem with TRA or any other organization refusing to do business with someone who publicly runs them down all the time. If you keep biting the hand that feeds you, pretty soon you're gonna get smacked.

Are you suggesting that if any other manufacturer did what Jerry is accused of doing, they would be treated differently?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Come on Ray, let's be fair: Frank and Paul were given a free pass, for at least a few years.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

-IF- that were the basis stated maybe. NEVER the case. Probably NOT for a recognized AHJ however. Benefits have responsibilities last I checked.

Too late. Do you in ANY way doubt that?

They would be punished only AFTER the hearing. And for a specified time, comparableto Aerotech and Ellis (zero).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I corrected that on two levels.

  1. There is no national impediment including DOT. Except NAR/TRA.

1b. There is a national carrier (USPS), and "delivery".

1c. There is an international carrier (many).

  1. The CAUSE of the problem is internal club rules and actions of NAR and TRA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No. CLUBS started publicizing they were regulated when they are not even now.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob, sometimes I wonder about you: You might start by asking Jerry to expound on the statement he has posted to his web page, indicating he can no longer sell motors at this time.

I know the DOT folks told me, he could not sell or enter his motors into commerce. Do you want a phone number and a name. Surely you are not questioning my integrity or calling me a liar?????

By your own admission in past postings, you have an understanding of DOT's control of hazmat commerce shipping, in this case 1.3c. I must be confused by your last statement????

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Well Iz, if you had read and comprehended the message, you would understand that this was posted several years previously. You should be very happy, you have been looking for evidence of illegal activity, and there it is. Enjoy.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

I have never been personally ripped off by Jerry Irvine. I have never been ripped off by a pyramid scheme either. Good judgment I believe has saved me some grief in both cases.

steve

Reply to
default

What is the precice cite that once a material is initially classified, it it at least gets a "default" hazard class. That should KILL the "not suitable for commerce" whining.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I ask you this Fred. If a material has been TESTED and APPROVED and CLASSIFIED and it is made the SAME WAY it is "still classified", right?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What illegal activity?

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

My questioning is of your statement that "DOT says so." Where does DOT say so. I cannot believe that they would take such a position and not put it in writing. Questioning your definitive statement is not the same as declaring that I think you are lying. It is only asking for documentation to back it up. If this is truly an official DOT position, there will be documentation.

The second question deals with me being able to purchase from Jerry and pick them up. I, as a private individual am not subject to the same DOT restriction. Therefore, DOT is not controlling commerce, only commercial shipping.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Exactly, Bob. Order up a buncha Jerry motors 'cause DOT hasn't said he "can't" ship them. Do I think Jerry will ship them to you? Nope. But if you're willing, I say give it a try. Me? I think I'll wait until I've heard a few more testimonials. :) Maybe you'll be the first!

steve

Reply to
default

If there is a reply I suggest it be made to Bob and I privately.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then either shut up! Or sample the product, then shut up!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You see the problem with a product like a kit or a motor is it is decidedly NOT pyramid-like. Either you buy it or not. It is that simple. Even offering credit terms to the general public only increases the delivery speed to sampling and does not appreciably increase overall business over good marketing.

And you are "predisposed to mistrust".

YOU YOU SIR, I SAY GFL.

JERRY

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How about a law cite either way? Seriously.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine