WAY OT..HELP!!

Do you have the Windows install disk available? If so you might try to repair windows, without re-installing from scratch.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Chilly Willy? :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Naah. Pingu.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Linux boxes are just as exploitable as PCs.

just the Elite hackers don't public publish most sploits for the script kiddies to know, like they do the MS $ploits.

so if you have a nix box, only the elites are hacked into your system, and you just never know it.

I put a penguin nix on the internet one week, it collected some 27 people from the eastern block in it's honey pot, even with IP chains.

yes, you also have to patch penguin boxes before puttin' num on the net.

MACs ?

most hackers don't find much entertainment in hacking them, and the owners just don't have much of any value stored on them. ;-)

sorry, I just could'nt help it :-)

Reply to
AlMax

Linux boxes are just as exploitable as PCs.

just the Elite hackers don't public publish most sploits for the script kiddies to know, like they do the MS $ploits.

so if you have a nix box, only the elites are hacked into your system, and you just never know it.

I put a penguin nix on the internet one week, it collected some 27 people from the eastern block in it's honey pot, even with IP chains.

yes, you also have to patch penguin boxes before puttin' num on the net.

MACs ?

most hackers don't find much entertainment in hacking them, and the owners just don't have much of any value stored on them. ;-)

sorry, I just could'nt help it :-)

Reply to
AlMax

It's like the best defence against "identity theft": be someone that nobody else would want to be anyway!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

This is kind of irrelevant now but you can't swap out a motherboard with any NT technology product (NT-W2K-XPPx) unless it has the identical HD controller.

Just Gene... B^P

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Not totally irrelevant. I just got in a new ASUS mobo for it today. Popped 'er in and she runs like a champ! Now the kids can get off Dad's back!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Not totally irrelevant. I just got in a new ASUS mobo for it today. Popped 'er in and she runs like a champ! Now the kids can get off Dad's back!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Not totally irrelevant. I just got in a new ASUS mobo for it today. Popped 'er in and she runs like a champ! Now the kids can get off Dad's back!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Not totally irrelevant. I just got in a new ASUS mobo for it today. Popped 'er in and she runs like a champ! Now the kids can get off Dad's back!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

It must be working overtime now... you're posting in triplicate! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I see 4 replies. :) My server was acting a bit freaky when I posted this.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Almost everyone has been as far as I can see, for the last 3 weeks. I still hate Charter.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Idle curiosity here but what model did you get?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Everyone I've talked to swears by ASUS and your positive review tells me they're right. That being the case I decided on the A7N8X-E deluxe as my first ASUS mobo. It has the onbrd 5.1 sound so it should work ok for my htpc.

Thanx for the info!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

That's a nice board. It has SATA, IEEE1394, ect. You can't go wrong with it. I looked at that board and the only reason I didn't get it is because I was more repairing instead of upgrading. Besides, this system will eventually end up in a Micro-ATX case come next upgrade cycle - so I went with the micro format.

I built a 3.0 GHz P4-based ABIT system for my folks about a month ago. My first experience with a board from that maker. That one runs *smooth*!

Reply to
J.A. Michel