What the best glue?

What would be TRA's disincentive? TRA members? HPR subscribers?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But, what would be "your" incentive??

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Somehow in Jerry's mind, this would prove he is right & everyone else is wrong. Then he's happy (for about 2 seconds).

Reply to
Phil Stein

Okay, four.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Still no answer to the question though.

What would be your incentive to publish a magazine, with a circulation of about 2500 screaming whiners?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

To cause them to whine less and be well over 2500.

THAT IS A FIRM ANSWER.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds like a plan - but why bother with "High Power Rocketry" (even if you could ever get TRA to let loose of the rights to the title)? Why _not_ just resurrect the "California Rocketry" name (for one example)?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Or pick a new name that's not limited to a single state. The hard part would be to come up with a name that isn't already in use by some vendor or club.

Reply to
RayDunakin

How about "U.S. Rocketry"? :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

That would work, of course, unless he wanted to include articles from outside the U.S.

Reply to
RayDunakin

How about "Jerry told you so"?

Reply to
Phil Stein

No, it's just another non answer from jerry.

The question was "what is your incentive"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

How about:

Weekly World Rocketry News

(Does Bat Boy fly rockets???)

-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader

Fred Shecter

Reply to
Michael Mackay-Blair

Because improving it (HPR official magazine of TRA) would simultaneously get RID of two of the biggest problems in HPR industry today:

  1. Bruce Kelly in a position of propoganda and fraud.
  2. A magazine managed and edited to further government regulation and consumer fraud.

Also a certain "I told you so continuously since 1990" factor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine

Couldn't you just do a good magazine & leave the BS out?

Reply to
Phil Stein

You're right, my bad.

I like epoxy(s).

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah, that'll do wonders for circulation.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Let's be honest. It did before, it could again.

Tripoli got over 1/3 of its worldwide members from my promotion of Tripoli at Lucerne launches I hosted that were not Tripoli sanctioned.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine