What the best glue?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

So what was this year's idle threat? And was last years committment met?

Bob Kaplow

If you don't renew the ATF will prevail, as if the outcome wouldn't be assured by renewing the subsctiotion to the magazine that awoke ATF in the first place.

Jerry Irvine

Right after you realize why "old" people grow their hair long. You ever seen an old grandmother with a half shirt and a belly ring thinking shes cool.

There ya go

RDH8

Reply to
RDH8

The biggest factor affecting "lone ranger" high power rocketry is government regs, starting with the FAA. Most folks are satisfied letting their local club arrange for waivers, land use, etc. In the early days of the hobby, doing it on your own was often a necessity. The spread of local clubs (largely brought about by the national orgs) eliminated that necessity.

500,000 users) but on a smaller scale (>

What is your source for these figures? Cite please. However, I will admit you are technically correct when you say that HPR ten or more years ago was less than 50,000. After all, any number between 0 and 49,999 is less than 50,000.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry replied:

Reply to
RayDunakin

But then I do like using PVA Wood Glue as well.

Reply to
Michael Mackay-Blair

You didn't bother with FAA for your flights you PUBLISHED.

I don't see FAA breaking your door down or people on the opposite side of the country turning you into the feds.

The real limitations are certs as an access restriction, narrowly qualified folks to provide new consumer certs, improper and illegal insistence by all TRA related dealers to insist on ATF permits DESPITE tradition, the law, and even a judges order!

The "regiulations" are NOT the problem. Never were.

Jerry

Being a moron you cannot comprehend even when it is explained to you.

The problem IS silly little club rules. Period.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry replied:

Flyer certs are easy to get and clearly do not constitute an obstacle to participation in the hobby.

Wrong again, boyo. TRA has no authority over vendors.

Not even the regulations that cost you forty grand?

Yes, it's possible for an individual to get away with a lot of things, if they are smart, careful and reasonably discreet. For instance, an individual could mail a G motor to someone illegally once in a blue moon and my odds of getting busted are nil. But if a manufacturer tells a retailer that his motors are legal to ship, then ships a couple hundred pounds to the guy in a box marked "model aircraft parts", the odds are high that the manufacturer would get busted.

If an individual is making a few motors at home for his own use and maybe selling a couple now and then to local buddies, the authorities would never know about it. If that individual was mass producing them and advertising them for sale, the odds of catching the attention of the authorities goes up substantially.

A national org with the authority to certify motors for consumer use is already on the government's radar. Such organizations will not be able to approve manufacturers who are not in full compliance with the law. Nor could they advocate that individuals should break the law.

But if you really believe that national organizations should ignore the authorities and advocate breaking the law, please go right ahead and start you own org. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Skull full of mush?

:0

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, me too.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

What was the name of that fictional girlie magazine Al Bundy used to read on "Married with Children"?

Reply to
SkyPirate

BIG'UNS!!!!

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

"Big Uns" I think. Pretty sad that I remember it, what can I say I loved that show. "No MA'AM", Bob Rooney, Polk High football star, Wanker county, look at all the useless info stored in my head......

Best regards, Steve

Steven Kosmerchock * XAVIEN * Phoenix, Az USA

snipped-for-privacy@xavien.com

Reply to
XAVIEN

I once saw an actual Czech magazine entitled "Giganty", which appears to mean approximately that.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

....Griff, Buck, Ike, Officer Dan, The Dodge, Jefferson, the Bud scream, four touchdowns in a single game, Psycho Dad......

Truly a tv veiwing extravaganza!

Ted 'just washed his NO'MAAM shirt last night' Novak TRA#5512

XAVIEN wrote:

Reply to
nedtovak

Hmmm..."Skulfullamush". Sounds like a great name for an ogre.

Reply to
Larry Smith

I hear that the name HIGH POWER ROCKETRY is not currently in use.

Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

Reply to