Latest threads in Model rockets forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The 'its less than forty dollars' rocket
Building my 5.5x Estes Streak upscale for a Level-1 certification attempt this summer has caused a curious phenomon...I find myself frequently say to SWMBO "Its less than forty dollars". Carbon/nomex...
10
10

L2 Sugestions - Small field..
Hello All, Its been a while since my L1 cert and now that the weather is getting better I've started thinking about getting my L2 cert. My club flies out of a few fields but they usual one is pretty...
65
65

PML Co-Pilot
This goes out to anybody who has experience with the PML Co-pilot altimeter. I am using the co-pilot with the CPR 3000 system. I have been doing some ground testing with the deployment and I am having...
1
1

ROL NEWS--Excel Industrial Offers New Launch Pads
Excel Industrial Offers New Launch Pads April 5, 2005 Web posted at: 11:59 AM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- Excel Industrial Service has come out with two new Tri-Pod Launch Pad Designs. The Standard Size Pad...

MPC rarity
they only had some MPC C9 motors...... (afaik, those were vaporware). The above is not my auction. Too bad... -Fred Shecter NAR 20117
10
10

Re: Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
"Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)" wrote in message news: Now that is rather unusual........for example aren't cardinals considered "princes" of the church? Is he indicating the dissolution of...

Hybrid construction question
I'm scratch-building my L1 certification rocket, to be launched on a SkyRipper H155. In reading up on hybrid motors in general, it seems that boil-off from the motor tank is a problem that affects...
2
2

Re: newuser - just testing
this ain't right yet
1
1

Help Save UPCo
Where I work, Goodrich/UPCO, the city of Phoenix is changing the zoning to reflect what we really do, this is good. We need as many people as possible to go to this site, , and fill it out so the city...
17
17

How thick is the thrust ring on a Pro38 reload ?
Trying to achieve as much accuracy in the RockSim simulation of my 5.5x Streak upscale as I can could some kind soul post the thickness of the thrust ring on the Pro38 H143SS or H153 ? Based on the...
15
15

[F-FT] Question on Apogee Medalist motors
For the Apogee Medalist motors, which do folks use 'most', or what is the ratio of S/M/L delay engines that you use/purchase? For example, would you use 2 short delay, 3 medium delay, and 1 long delay...
5
5

[EARS UK Launch] Big EARS Saturday 30th and Sunday 1st May
The first May Bank Holiday weekend sees EARS holding their 5th Big EARS launch at our Elsworth Launch site near Cambridge in the UK. We will have onsite vendors, the EARS workshop Marquee, onsite...

Systeme Solaire ?'s
Has anyone seen the gas/peroxide motor in flight??? 9 sec burn motor @ 5K altitude.... Any concerns in regards to launching one at YOUR launch site?? Any specific launch concerns for the RSO/LCO? Bill
34
34

New launch Pads (advertisment)
I don't post this stuff very often, hop you all don't mind. I bought one of thhease myself. The daen pad is just about bullet proof.....

Strange piston deployment behaviour when testing
I have tested twice with placing a charge in the rocket, at the top of the fin can, below the PML piston. The first test the charge was small and it push the payload/nose cone off without moving the...
2
2