Latest threads in Model rockets forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hobby Lobby Sale
Week of April 10-15: 50% Off "Craft Wood" (balsa, basswood, etc.) 50% Off Excel knives and blades 50% Off plastic fill Easter Eggs (use for nose cones?...lol)

Buck Rogers PMC Rockets At Denny's
Took the family to Denny's tonight and the kids got some interesting cups with their meals. They are close copies of the old Buck Rogers space ship from the '30's. They measure 7.5" tall and are 3" in...
1
1

Field Boxes at Pratt Hobbies
Following our usual policy of doing the obvious thing about a year after we really should have, I've added some very nice tool and field boxes from Plano Molding to our web catalog at I've been using...
4
4

ATF backdoor expansion of requirements?
As part of the requirements under the Paperwork Reduction Act, the ATF periodically publishes notices in the Federal Register. The notice published Thursday caught my eye: notification of the Fire...
1
1

OK, Ther's just something wrong about this CNN headline...
on CNN's website at 13:08 EDT under the Science & Space heading was the following: New rings found around Uranus here's the story link: there probably isn't a better headline for the story, but still,...
2
2

Kosdon J975 (38/1116)
Anybody happen to have an eng file for this badboy?

Naram 48 Coins - Need Help
Ok first why ? Well I just want them. its that simple. SO why dont I ? Cause I cant afford it and the likely hood of me selling enough to even break even is low. What I propose ? If I can get 3 others...
9
9

Save scale models from royalties
Just got this email from Bunny. It certainly affects us as well. Everything from sounding rockets to heavy launch vehicles to the SR-71 kits could be hit by licensing if we don't stop this now. Look...
7
7

Scratch Honest John
I'm thinking about building a Honest John from scratch. My first rocket was a Estes Honest John back in 1973. I have all the parts except the nose. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find...
2
2

Quick Question on Model Rocket Engine prices in Australia
Hi All, This question is for the Australians here: I'm just curious as to how much you guys (and girls, sorry) are paying for your model rocket engines? I'm assuming most of you are using Estes brand...
19
19

Accelerometer Question (Caution! On Topic!)
In candor, I don't care about Brad Guth's credentials. I don't care what liberals believe. I don't care if Daniel Min goes to hell. Riddle me this, Batman! Consider a rocket with a single-axis...
6
6

15th anniversary of NAR in Space
Today is the 15th anniversary of the first NAR member in space: Jay Apt. I went down to Florida for the launch. The morning was an absolute downpour. We got up anyway, but figured we were wasting our...
2
2

ROL NEWS--AeroTech H999N-P "Warp-9" Bowling Ball Loft Motor Tripoli Certified
AeroTech H999N-P "Warp-9" Bowling Ball Loft Motor Tripoli Certified April 5, 2006 Web posted at: 12:52 PM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- The Tripoli Motor Testing (TMT) committee of the Tripoli Rocketry...

Lightest Level 1 rocket?
I don't know why I started thinking about this, but here it is: Who has built the lightest rocket to certify Level 1? Anyone with a L1 rocket under 16 oz. loaded? Just to get those creative juices...
8
8

ROL NEWS--Pro38 H565 H-lite competition reload certified by CAR
Pro38 H565 H-lite competition reload certified by CAR April 4, 2006 Web posted at: 12:46 PM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- Cesaroni Technology Incorporated (CTI) is pleased to announce successful Canadian...