Alternate C-123s & books?

I started prepping one of my Mach 2 C-123s the other day & I plan to do several versions, like the engine-less XCG-20, the B-47-jet podded one as well as the 2 versions offered in the Mach 2 box. The C-123 seems to have been a pretty amazing a/c. Due to its TO & Ldg. performance, I started thinking of 2 "what ifs". How about one in OD & USArmy markings, as a big brother to the Caribou? Even better, a USN version for COD. The only book I have on the C-123 is the Squadron 'In Action' book. Anyone know of any other books on it? How about my what ifs? To me they seem plausible, & if the USN at one time was looking at a DC-9 for COD, surely the C-123 couldn't be that far-fetched. Anyone know if my what ifs were considered at one time?

Reply to
frank

Interesting ideas indeed Frank. Would like to see pics when done. I have one major "what if" suggestion you will likely think of while putting together the Mach 2 kits: What if we had a GOOD C-123 kit like a Hasegawa/Revell Germany 1/72 C-123!!!

Reply to
jwadetjpp

I agree, but I've also built other Mach 2 kits & was OK with them. I'd rather build a Mach 2 injected kit than do a vac or a resin, tho.

Reply to
frank