Any Wright Flyer Hasagawa builders out there?

Just wondering if anyone has built up the nerve to start building the Hasagawa 1:16 Wright Flyer 1. With the anniversary just around the corner I was thinking of starting on mine.

Anybody?

Francis Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion

Not me, but how about this for nerve:

Why go big, when you can go bigger?..

Reply to
Rufus

I'd been looking at their 1:12 Flyer for some time. They look like excellent models.

I showed this page to "She who tells me what to do;-)" And she told me to think again....................................so that is why I have the Hasagawa 1:16.

Reply to
Francis Marion

I can't believe they actually market a 1:1 scale one!

Be sure to post some pics of your Hasegawa Flyer on ABMS once it's done.

Reply to
Rufus

but which wright flyer is it? the one wilbur rebuilt and modded in 1928, or the original configuration? i wouldn't want the rebuild.

Don Stauffer

Don:

I'll do the best I can.

What part(s) of the drawing are you missing? Do you need just a reference type copy or do you need something at 1:1?

Holding scale at 1:1 could be a bit of a problem. I find that when I take anything to be copied 1:1, I always get a little distortion in one direction. I guess it's done intentionally to prevent counterfeiting of money:-(

Let me know and I see what I can do.

Francis Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion