decal repository

Has anyone considered creating a online repository of scale scanned decal sheets. That way if you have a model that the decal sheet has gone bad or missing, you could go and get the scanned .gif or .jpg of the sheet and print it on a jet printer with the decal paper that is available now. It was just a thought.

Reply to
razz2u2

Have you also thought about copyright infringement?

Reply to
TomGAJ

Saw someone doing this with instruction sheet from Eduard etch sets on a site once...wonder how they are/were getting away with that?..

You can go to the Eduard site and see them anyway.

Reply to
Rufus

No, I keep forgetting that companies, for the most part, don't care the problems of their customers after they pluck down the money. They can't be bothered with providing the service themselves. But, you become a criminal because you try to preserve something that is no longer available at no profit to yourself. But, I give that you are correct they would be copyrighted. The only way is ask their permission to do it.

Reply to
razz2u2

And "razz2u2" opened up and revealed to the world news:41200dbf$1 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah, Racing Chumpions provides no service for Ertl kits. If your decals were of a military nature they wouldn't be able to force a copywright issue. OTOH, if it's a race car for which they've got exclusive permission to produce then you're not going to be able reproduce that in a database. Aftermarket decals are the solution!

I'd like to be able to put all the Superscale decals profiles in a database for research purposes; wonder how far I'll get? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

That one resembles something I've seen in the Franz Joseph book. What are you using, just the regular characters on the keyboard?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller