Download Squadron Flyer

just noticed on their website that you now can download the March flyer. too late for that one, but we should check it out in April to see if this is a new thing for them. Might actually increase their business if we can get the flyer before the 3rd week of the month....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

be nice to find more than 1-2 real deals per month. i like the obvious overstock dumps when the sell $50 kits for $15 or $20.

you have a current sale list bill? getting rid of any old e kits? find my style stuff and i';; help your blance of payments. and about those humbrols..... i noticed the xtra color tin of hellbau 65 dries semi gloss and not the usual humbrol matte. is this normal?

Mine came in a timely manner this month. I just can't afford to add to my debt load at this moment. OTOH, I'm seriously considering ordering off the website since my last phone call took longer than usual and cost a bit more than I like.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Anything in particular you're looking for? I've never gotten much of a list together. There's just too freakin' much - well, there was. E-bay's been helping to decimate the stash. Not much in multi-engine unless it's 1/100th or smaller.

I've never gotten my mits on any Xtracolour. But, I think it's supposed to end that way so that you have a smooth finish for decals over which you can apply your flattening agent.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Andrew DeBoer

well, lmk what ww2 stuff, all sides, japs too. i thought that was it with the xolor. i brush painted a wing and it laid down like a spray! then i dry coated an hour later and wrinkled the paint! duh. fortunately it was a test piece. if you need a tin of sky, lmk. i'm guessing you've been to busy to check your paints? no sweat...

did you have a chance to look for others?

Sky seems ridiculously easy to find. I think I have several tins of that myself. Yeah, I spent Sunday night listing stuff for sale on E-bay then turned around and listed more for a friend on Monday. The grandson's been down with the flu and I got called down for Grampa duties this afternoon. Lordy, can he make a mess when conditions are right!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

ok, and if you think of anything you need, lmk.

Didn't look, I know about the Sky situation. I'll try to get down there tonight.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

In the years I've been on RMS, I don't think i've ever complained about the Squadron flyer....

But the Feb. flyer arrived in early March, and I got the March flyer yesterday! What's the point of mailing out "time sensitive" flyers that arrive a month late?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

i just got mine today. used to be by the 2nd. it seems that for 2-3 months after i place an order, it comes quicker. anyone else notice this?

No. I haven't observed any reliable co-ordination such as that. The worst experience I had was several years ago when my Sept. issue arrived on the 29th and the Oct. issue arrived the next day. I guess it's the vagaries of the USPS.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

so my conspiracy theory is wrong? the gunman on the grassy knoll doesn't have a usps sack of flyers? damn, thought i had it knocked.