Gen: What are your building preferences?

You're kidding, right?

There are probably *more* kits available in those scales than in 1/35. What are the numbers, Tom?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I`ve always liked 1/72 all my modelling life, But lately I`ve startedto do a couple of 1/48 Aircraft, The Academy Hunter I did was the first time I used resin because of the woeful cockpit provided, This has definitely given me a taste for it and would love to do more, However I am still sticking to

1/72-1/76 armour because I just enjoy it, I also flirt with 1/700 ship kits as well, Lately though I have had an itch to go back to 1/24 Car kits but obviously cost is a major factor, Oh and I like to do Motorcycle kits too and I am looking to the new Italeri 1/12 kits as well, This modelling thing tends to take over your life does`nt it? Not that I`m complaining of course! Darren
Reply to
Darren
1/72 mainly WW2, some postwar RAF

1/76 BR 1970/80s

Reply to
Martin Imber

1/72 planes. I tried 1/48 a couple of times but it's too big for me.

I build mainly modern russian jets, but I also like the Century Series (I love the F-106): I think they all share the same "raw" beauty. But sometimes I model something completely different. For example I just took an Avro Vulcan.

I love resin. I even cast custom parts sometimes (so I need only to scratchbuild one master instead of multiple parts).

Reply to
Yuri

you name it I build it all scales Planes 1/48 up to 1/24 armour 1/35 Ships

Reply to
Daryl

Really? Are we talking injected plastic or resin?

Reply to
Gary Kato

Lots of both. Take a look at

, especially the links page.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You're probably right. I gave him a link to

to get him started.

Still wish Tom Young would chime in with the actual numbers.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

As one of the few Car Guys here, it's mostly 1/24 & 1/25. I'm not a 'Scale Bigot'. I've built cars from 1/43 to 1/12 and everything in between (1/32, 1/28, 1/26, 1/20, 1/16). A handful of big scale WWI aircraft (1/28) and motorcycles (1/20, 1/12, 1/9, 1/8) are sitting there 'waiting', too.

This is why I do so many scales. For my *American cars* subjects (Ford, Mopar, & AMC '60s muscle cars, 'Dark Side' pre-1971 NASCARs & Mustang road race subjects), 1/24 & 1/25 covers it. However, for my beloved BMWs, I've gotta have all those other scales as well as the occasional Fokker DVII or FW-190G and a couple of sidecar R-75/5 bikes. I *ride* Hondas, so I've got a couple of those, too. Then, there are the 'other' European cars I like - Audi, Porsche, old Benzes, and some old Jaguars, all pretty much 1/24. There's a few themes here; just don't ask for an explanation. Call me 'eclectic, but directed'.

It's a bit annoying, but the better the manufacturer, the nicer the work. In cars, Modelhaus is hard to beat for quality, but even there, the 'mastered' works may take some 'tweaking' to get right, compared to the 'copied' stuff from old promos, etc. I have a self-imposed limit of $50 for all kits except for cars I've *owned*, so that keeps me from Fisher Model & Pattern's reputedly great race cars but not from Modelhaus' $75 '61 DeSoto. ;^)

Is *anyone* here 'normal'? I'd be surprised.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there, built that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Huh? What? I was asleep. What did I miss?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

A question was asked about the number of armor in subjects in 1/72 vs 1/35 scale. The sense was there are lots of 1/72 scale kits......

Reply to
RC Boater

Oh.

Well I can't help with 1/35, but there are currently 3,644 vehicle kits/models in 1/72-1/76 scale listed in the ESM 72 database. This represents military and civilian subjects in all mediums from injection molded and cast metal to cast resin and paper card.

Because of the sometimes lengthy descriptions and the amount of available page space ESM 72 has only illustrated 463 vehicle models and kits to date. We have begun adding extra pages in order to provide more illustrations.

As always, subscription information on request.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I dearly wish I could find more than the usual suspects (ex. Dr I and Sopwith

-whatever-). Trying to find any of the Italian bombers (in 1/72) has proven impossible for me to date. Although, I confess, I haven't exactly devoted myself to the hunt, just casual.

I know the resin is good stuff for detail. But I just purely hate those THINK sprues and trying to detach fine/small parts like machine guns. Even pretty solid things like wheels seem brittle (I'm used to being able to use my cutters/knife and moving right along).

Reply to
SamVanga

I'm debating whether or not to get another subscription. I like 1-2 articles per edition, but so much of it is just not helpful to me. Very frustrating.

Reply to
SamVanga

Well, maybe we are, and maybe we aren't .

Reply to
SamVanga

Just don't insult me by calling me the normal one ;-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Ok then we'll call you Abby, Abby Normal. ;)

Eyegor aka Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

That's just my nickname...call me Hans Delbrook :-D

Reply to
Eyeball2002308