snark

the snark's been reissued. looks like i'll be able to build all of my childhood kits again. what was your favorite childhood kit? mine was the b-17. i built at least a dozen revelle and airfix kits. they seemed pretty equal then. now i have the matchbox kit waiting and it looks a bit dated but ok.

Reply to
someone

The old tooling Revell 262. After that any of the old Revell, Lindberg, MPC (airfix) kits. I still would do them before a Tamiya or Trumpeter any day.

Reply to
eyeball

because of the price? that trumper 262 is over $100, isn't it? oops, i see it for 70-80 bucks. still too pricey for me. i like 1/32 but don't have the space.

2 engined 1/48 are my size limit.
Reply to
someone

Mainly just because I like the old kits and it's a nostalgia trip to build them, plus the Tamiyas are too easy. And yea they are expensive now. I pick up older releases of Hasegawa kits in bargain bins for under $5 and it's the exact same kit with different decals being sold new for over $30. Crazy. Same with scale. 72nd was always my fave but I used to do others once in a while, but I don't have the space anymore. I stick with 1/72 for fighters and choppers and do bombers and transports in 1/144. Except I do have some old lindy's in 48th I plan to do just because I had them when I was a kid :)

Reply to
eyeball

hope you share pics of your linders. i redid the ju87 glass and it looks great. want some pics in the binary group? i'm going to have to start hanging stuff. just no room at all.

Reply to
someone

I can't get binaries. I used to have a freebie access but they dropped it. Drop a few in my email? I'll be happy to share pics of my linders when I get around to building them. Things have been pretty hectic lately. The only thing I've done for weeks now is finishing the old AMT USS Akron.

Reply to
eyeball

sure, i'll email you some. later this afternoon. dr said my cholesterol was

108 yesterday, so i have to work on that. i think 2 brats, frys and some sauteed onions will work.
Reply to
someone

3DA0p=3D

Damn...mine is 260. Lipitor for me with an aspirin chaser...I hope you do those brats on the grill, that's the only way to get them right!

Reply to
eyeball

3DA0p=3D

Mine is usually 121. Darned sawbones has me on Lipitor. Last visit I came in with a 108, but it ~still~ isn't good enough. I wonder if she isn't getting a kickback for pushing the pharma......

Reply to
The Old Man

mine was over 200 4 years ago. my weight was awful. so i had that choice to make. lost 60 lbs and 90 points. i made it a project like doing a special kit. i wanted it to be right and look good. now if i had a propellar or an iron cross, i'd do a better paint job.... them brats got the charcoal grill. i do not like propane or propane accessories for encased meat products.

Reply to
someone

i got to quit the cholesterol drugs and one of the blood pressures. why isn't 108 good? my dr was pissed cause mine's better than his.

Reply to
someone

=3D3D3D=3D

What gets me is that a year ago mine was about -180. I don't know what the hell happened. I see the doc next week, I already know he plans to up the dosage of the lipitor. I took up cooking as a 2nd hobby in the last couple years and cut out tv dinners and hardly ever eat crappy fast food, and it goes up! Plus I'm bloating like a whale. I used to walk a lot and now I have bone spurs, so the weight is going up. I'm turning into the stereotypical modeler lol

Reply to
eyeball

there's better stuff than liptor. bust on that dr's ass! you can do a lot about the pressure and weight. starts with the right med combo. keep on until you get the right ones. be unsterotypical and live to 100. best revenge is outliving the fools that choose to be your enemies. especially the stupid ones.

Reply to
someone

9=3D

I plan to. He's an odd duck to begin with. And my family is very long lived, I may just outlive the hobby at the rate prices are going.

Reply to
eyeball

it must be tough on someone new to models. it takes a while to learn how to buy and build.

Reply to
someone

1:3=3D

I'm still struggling with that buying part :)

Reply to
eyeball

oh yeah. you know, i've never met a really rich modeler? i have met some who are very comfortable, but none really rich. there are a few famous, i think.

Reply to
someone

The truly rich ones must suffer from poor eyesight; they deal in 1:1 scale. Witness Jay Leno's car and motorcycle collection and John Travolta's aircraft collection......

Reply to
The Old Man

yeah, poor leno's motorcycles. i bleed for him. (his has a comet, a rapide, a black shadow AND a black prince.)

Reply to
someone

The Old Man wrote: : : Witness Jay Leno's car and motorcycle collection : The difference between Leno's collection and our's is that he does not have to provide sound effects. :-)

Ummm, unless he has an electric somewhere. I guess the steamers are pretty quite, too...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden