snark

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : yeah, poor leno's motorcycles. i bleed for him. : (his has a comet, a rapide, a black shadow AND a black prince.) : I am most amused by his turbine powered bike. Well, okay, I am amused by how it melts the front trim of idiots who try to climb the bikes rear fender... :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

i like that idea for tailgaters.

Reply to
someone

Back when I could see the program, "My Classic Car" rode along with him on a Stanley. It was fairly quiet and very fast. You have to plan your stops well in advance as the brakes are overmatched by the steam engine.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

how many miles per ton?

Reply to
someone

Mad Modeller wrote: : : Back when I could see the program, "My Classic Car" rode along with him : on a Stanley. It was fairly quiet and very fast. You have to plan your : stops well in advance as the brakes are overmatched by the steam engine. : It just goes to prove that not much changed in the 60 odd years following the steamer.

You were well advised to plan your stops well in advance in my '69 Impala, too. :-) Ahhh, drum brakes at all four and bias ply tires. No sir, don't miss them for a femtosecond...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden