Hobby shops in Warsaw and Krakow (Poland)

Hi there, the subejct says it all ... any good modelling store in Warsaw and Kracow ... I'll also visit Wroklaw , I wonder if there's any hobby shop there tks in advance Julian 'Yuri' from Spain

Julian Herrero 'yuri'

Uzytkownik "Julian Herrero 'yuri'" napisal w wiadomosci news:bfnua4$ snipped-for-privacy@news1s.iddeo.es...

on the name of the city. Best are in Cracow: GP Hobby, Phantom (near Old City) in Warsaw: Sindar (in the basement of the Central Station), Jadar Model, Pelta (these two near Central Station), Tora Tora and Martola (in Pruszkow near Warsaw) in Wroclaw: Empex

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

Reply to
Julian Herrero 'yuri'

Julian,

There is a good aviation museum in Krakow (Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego) - just next to the Technical University: Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego al. Jana Pawla II 39 31-864 Krakow,

snipped-for-privacy@bci.krakow.pl It is open on Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:00 (but only outdoor exhibition on Monday as far as I remember) Saturday and Sunday 10:00 - 15:00

In Warsaw there is no aviation museum, but close to the city center is the Museum of Polish Armed Forces (Muzeum Wojska Polskiego) that also has some interesting military aviation exhibits: Muzeum Wojska Polskiego Al. Jerozolimskie 3 00-950 Warszawa snipped-for-privacy@wp.mil.pl

-- Regards, Pawel

Visit my webpage:

reviews, galleries etc.

Reply to
Vodnik

If you do get to Krakow - ask if you can take a look in the 'sheds' around the back. The last time I was there they had the fuselage of the record-breaking Me-209 V1 stashed in a lock-up garage - along with loads of other rare stuff awaiting restoration.

In another garage, they has Ernst Udet's Curtis Hawk being restored.

In Warsaw, there are some airframes in the grounds of a museum down by the river just along from the central square - not sure of its name - maybe the one Pawel mentions ? They had a very dilapidated Tu-2 and an Il-2 and Il-10 next to each other - with a Yak-23 behind.

There is another one a kilometer or so away - along the river bank. It was being set up the last time I was there - lots of ex-Soviet stuff gathered around the back. A few tanks at the entrance IIRC - including a Canadian Sherman (Abbot ?).

Have fun !

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Uzytkownik "Ken Duffey" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@flankerman.fsnet.co.uk...

Yes, this is Museum of Polish Armed Forces

It's Grizzly , in Museum of Polish Armored Arms in Fort Czerniakowski (Powsinska street), open from wednesday till sunday

10.00-15.00. There are several aircrafts and rockets too. Look here:

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

In fact I was about to send you an e-mail asking about this information. See you in Telford .....

Reply to
Julian Herrero 'yuri'