Is this a joke? please tell me it is!

As a smoker I don't want someone smoking at the table while I eat....

Reply to
Ron

Ever bought a used book from a smoker ?

I have a copy of Ellis & Chamberlains 'British & American Tanks of WW2', I've had it couple of years now and it still reeks of cigarettes.

I have even left it out on the patio to get some air, but it's such a useful reference source, that I put up with the smell.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Maybe not but his/her activities getting the funds to buy that heroin could well be another story entirely.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

There has been someone selling N scale trains for years on eBay claiming that they come from a smoke-free home.

I don't bid - just because of such a ludicrous statement.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

OK If the phrase was included to be sure the box didn't reek I can certainly live with that. I can imagine the smell of an old smoked box. not a pretty smell.

But in the world we live in today I sincerely think the seller meant that you did not get sick when buying a kit from his house.

-- Dennis Loep The Glueing Dutchman

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny ...'" Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Dennis Loep

Next thing you know, we will see Airfix kits for sale from the 1960s that are .....

"original miles" or "highway miles only" or "numbers matching" (gads, I would hope this last one would be true for a plastic kit).

Actually the important thing is how many times the box has been open and the parts fondled. Each episode of such behavior increases the likelihood of parts going missing. So perhaps a better gauge of kit desirability is ....

"rarely opened"

...../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

With Ron, everyone is an "as .... pe." What he has not figured out is his everyday language makes him the biggest one of all.

Sometimes you got to wonder just what is coursing through his brain when he types his messages. Whatever, it ain't pretty.

...../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

emeraude....i, um,,,ahh..a.

I worked 2 nights at a plant where everybody smoked like chimneys whilst they were working. I quit the third day because my face swelled and my voice went. Screw that!

Most perfumes are getting to me now. I still can stand Emeraude but that's probably from past good associations. My last regular job featured an elderly lady who fairly reeked of perfume. I could start hacking at 15 feet distance. At least peanuts don't bug me. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Do the "Free" ones bother you? I've never noticed an odour to them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ummm, I like the smell of musty basement. It smells like modelling.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've gotten to the point where I have to leave stores when the local "marinate in the crap" folks are around, I literally can't breathe when the stuff is in the air. It doesn't help that most of it smells like a bad combination of mold, mildew, rotting flowers and industrial solvents.....raw sewage smells better and I know exactly what that smells like thanks to working over a summer at NRL (the literal asshole of DC since the only thing farther south are the shitponds at Blue Plains Sewage Treatment Plant).

Reply to
Ron

Never bothered to try them but then static cling is not an issue with my clothes. I do have to use unscented detergent and unscented deordorant now.....I also have to be very careful when buying shampoo or soap.

Reply to
Ron

Right now mine smells like sawdust (pine and cherry), shellac, varnish and latex paint.

Reply to
Ron

Perfume should not be detectable beyond two feet and should not be clearly identifiable without a hug.

Reply to
Ron

in article snipped-for-privacy@news1.west.earthlink.net, Mark Schynert at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote on 7/26/04 1:15 PM:

This all reminds me of the Dallas IPMS Nats a few years ago when the host hotel was pressed into service for a Mary Kay convention at the same time. Talk about culture clash! A trip in the elevator with a few of the ladies in pink was an eternity. It was a "heady" experience.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

bet a woman taught you that. a smart one. or was i just lucky?

Nah, that's pretty much always been my opinion of scents, both male and female.

Reply to
Ron

shmart man. i had a female friend teach me.