Oberon Class Submarines

I am trying to find the location of any Royal Navy Oberon class submarines. I would be very gratefull for any assistance in being pointed in the right direction.

Thanking you in advance Kevin Loveridge

Reply to
Kev L

What I should have said was Oberon class model submarines.

Reply to
Kev L

snipped-for-privacy@cs.com

I do recall seeing a Royal Australian Navy version somewhere on the WWW. Maybe a google search might get you what you want.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

Damn!! I didn't realize you meant models. I had a couple of them lined up for you.

Expensive, but what the hell.....

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

These guys make 1960's era Oberons as Oz boats. As I understand it there are also Oberon class boats from WWII, I have no idea what they are, So I'm not really sure if the above is really what you are looking for.

JC

snipped-for-privacy@cs.com

Reply to
JC

Hmmm, yeah. Skinny little suckers compared to the Collins class. There's a

1:1 scale one (the Onlso) at Darling Harbour Maritime Museum... I went through it last year. As they say, not enough room to swing the proverbial dead cat.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

snipped-for-privacy@cs.com

Ah. I very nearly pointed you at HMS Ocelot in Chatham Historic Dockyard,

where you get guided tours thru what is a very cramped vessel! Good job I didn't send you that way, isn't it! ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Are we talking static here or radio controlled?

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

I am interested in both types of models. However, initially I am looking at static models.

Reply to
Kev L

"Mitch" wrote

HMAS Onslow (FWIW)