OT: POLL, 1024x768 or 800x600 ?

Isn't the Mozilla code very similar for all those platforms (so if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all)?

Reply to
Harro de Jong

The code is similar, but the implementations are different (primarly because of the underlying operating systems).

It's something like the difference between a Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A and a Fujimi 1/72 F-14A - they "look the same", but they're different underneath the paint job...

Reply to
Rob Kelk

"Harro de Jong"wrote

I might as well check with those too. It doesn't take much effort to check, and I'd rather do it myself now than have a user find a problem.

-Tony

Reply to
<tony

Mac - Possibly tomorrow, when I go visit a computer lab at my old school. Linux - I think one of my friends might have a Linux machine running at his house. I've been thinking of setting one up myself in any case; this is as good a reason as any to finally do it. I think I might have to draw the line at testing under all the various distributions, however. Mandrake should do just fine.

.....but again, I'm open to suggestions.

-Tony

Reply to
<tony

You can go here:

type in the URL and it'll validate your code, if it passes through that OK, it should render on most browsers.

Rab

Reply to
Rab Robertson

Thanks, Rab. Looks like a useful tool!

-Tony

Reply to
<tony

True. Even so, don't forget that even with the "same" browser (let's stick with Mozilla here) a page will look different on a Windows based PC, a Mac, and a system running Linux. They do render slightly differently.

Reply to
EGMcCann

Well, as far as Linux, MS is allowing download of an eval version of VirtualPC. Load Linux on that, delete when done.

Mac? I'd suggest Basilisk, but I don't think there's a version of Mozilla for 68k machines.

Reply to
EGMcCann

Good to know, I might try that out before setting up a new machine. Thanks for the information.

-Tony

Reply to
<tony
[stuff snipped]

Where I work that's what we call the "Microsoft method", i.e. using users to find problems.

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@erols.com)

Reply to
John Hairell