OT -- salute Rosa Parks 1913 -2005

By her saying 'no', it gave the civil rights movement in the US a focal point. During the subsequent months (actually over a year that the bus boycott lasted), Martin Luther King Jr came into the spotlight as the leader of the civil rights movement here. Rosa Parks, with her single act of defiance against the status quo was the spark that the movement needed.

Let's remember her just as we celebrate the lives of our fallen heroes here.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

She wasnt a hero- she was a lawbreaker. How can you compare a common criminal to those who gave all for our Freedom

Reply to
bigjim

She made way, by doing a very simple act, for others to stand up to the in-breds, Nazi-lovers or whatever you want to call the very people who should have been the ones who passed under a sign, looked up and read "Arbeit Macht Frei." It's the only way, people and you know it's just to be kind in the end!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

That was a law that needed to be broken.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, there's another inbred knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing candidate for the killfile.

Somebody (Hannah Arendt?) once wrote about the banality of evil. I guess the converse is the true , world-changing greatness of a tired woman coming home from along day at work. Rosa Parks was a true heroine.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Didn't the King of England call the colonists lawbreakers as they declared their Independence? Guess that makes our founding founders criminals given this logic. Damn, and here I thought they were heroes too! (For those of you who aren't sure I'm being sarcastic! Personally I believe that either all are free, or none are free. I only wish I could have met Ms. Parks. One fine lady and courageous lady! The world was enriched by her act.)

Reply to
Bob Bush

Troll showing up just in time for Halloween!!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy! It's Halloween, the Trolls are coming out from under their bridges!! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Right, Bill.

But this particular troll had to climb up to get under the rock.

It's people like Rosa Parks whose civilian heroism made it possible for scum like him to post freely.

I wouldn't bother killfiling him. Just another annonymous coward that posts then scurries back under the hole under the rock.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72