OT sci fi

I know this isn't the right forum, but what group participates in the sci-fi genre?

I have looked thru a bunch of different groups looking for ST modeling and yet to find any that cover it....(I am looking for info on building my own electronic lighting for a few of my kits).

"Thanks" up front for any info....

TM

This group is for ALL types of modeling. There are folks who occasionally call for a split into various genre, but the group has resisted this through the years (I am glad of that). So the group reflects what inhabitants post. Bring up a sci-fi subject and see who answers. Yes, there HAVE been discussions in the past on lighting various star wars and star trek kits.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

This IS the right forum. Rec.models.scale covers all genres of scale modeling, including SF. It's a minority topic here, but it does get discussed. Ask, and someone will try to answer.

One of the best online resources for SF modelers is Starship Modeler. The Tech Library has articles on lighting, painting, etc., and the Hardware References section has lots of reference photos.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Thanks to all who responded.......I'll definetly check out the starship modeler site.

Seeing the nice work done here in the posts makes me want to do a nice job on what I'm working on. Don't know if it will ever be good enough to post a pic of, but who knows. I haven't built anything in years, but now that the kids have moved away, I seem to have a little free time on my hands.

Thanks!

T.

Reply to
TM

Thanks Don and Wayne for your responses. I've seen Sci-fi modelers get snubbed here before because this group is predominantly military, and seems to be mostly WWII at that. But if you think about it, isn't virtually all the sci-fi just the military of the future? Or, I suppose, the past in the case of StarWars. We see messages all the time lamenting the lack of new blood in the hobby, and lack of new messages on this board, so we need to embrace modeling of whatever genre. It's sort of like rebuilding a run-down neighborhood. Someone has to come in and start fixing up the place.

Reply to
Disco58

Hi T. You might also check the IPMS / USA web site and look under "special interests groups". There you will find a group that specializes in Sci Fi / Fantasy type models and they are always ready to help with answering questions, etc. Ol '

45
Reply to
Ol' 45

Thanks! I'll check it out!

TM

Modelgeek.com has a sci-fi forum. Not very active, it is part of the Armorama.com website

Reply to
RobG