OT would you steal from this store?

Also it was reported a book of rememberance was stolen from a church used by the SAS in Hereford....wouldnt like to be the person who nicked that if found out.

Its those 2 that make me proud to be English, best fighting force in the world, abiet way underfunded and treat like shit by the government.

Reply to
Jules

We should deploy more of those chaps! It would really take a bite out of crime!

Reply to
bluumule

yeah and rather take the tea leafs to court, let the guys take them down a dark alley....be no crime within a week.

Give me 3 Gurkhas over a whole regiment of Para's any day (or 3 loads of Royal Marines). Way our Gov has treat them over the years has been a disgrace.

Reply to
Jules

Now if we can only train them to assemble all that knock down stuff you buy at IKEA (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Crime would virtually disappear, and undertakers would have to employ extra people to deal with the new workload! :-P

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Shame they're not allowed to wear their Kukris!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Heh...kind of like being stupid enough to star a bar fight in Mc P's...

Reply to
Rufus

I wonder how many other countries treat one of its finest most loyal fighting forces so badly that they have to scrape a living working for little more than minimum wage (I suspect) guarding a furniture store.

Great Britain ... it's a disgrace!

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

One of the bravest men in the world once said to Queen Elizabeth II:

"It's wonderful to be here in Britain...used to be Great Britain".

Anybody know who that was?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Sounds like Bob Hope.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Another one, in the line-up at the end of the big yearly televised theatre vaudevillian-type show, when stood in front of Liz said "did you get a couple of cup final tickets ?" She replied "yes!" and then moved on to the next person in the line-up. He then tapped her on the shoulder and said "can I have them if you don't want them ?"

It was of course, Tommy Cooper!

She got her own back as we all saw him literally die on stage in front of the cameras.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Bob Hope it was.

You guys are sharp!

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Bob Hope it was.

You guys are sharp!

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I guess he didn't need the tickets then...(rimshot, please)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote: [ticket snaffling snipped] I wrote;

Heh! Sid James was another character who died on stage, literally.

Could you imagine being in the audience and shouting "get on with it!"

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

That reminds me of an episode of "Just Shoot Me" where Maya is hosting a murder mystery dinner and one of her neighbours dies whilst complaining of the noise. Nobody believes it's for real. They just keep on doing their parts. What is it about your stages that people die on them so often? Or do your entertainers keep going long after ours are shuffled out because they're 'too old'. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller