photo-etch for Italian WW2 warships?

Heck, it's been awhile, good to be back posting about modelling on this great group!

I have some 1:700 Regia Marina (Atilio Regolo) and Pitroad (Conte di Cavour, Guilio Cesare, Zara, Pola) resin kits that I obtained second-hand recently.

I'd like to complete them, eventually, with photo-etch. However, I can't seem to find any of my usual makers with a penchant for Italian jobs, LOL. That being GMM, Tom's Modelworks, WEM, and Fine Molds.

So can anyone recommend good makers (presumably in Europe?) of Italian photo-etch for WW2 1:700 Italian warships?

Best regards, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

At least for railings and ladders, which are probably the most important parts to PE, Toms Modelworks at least, maybe others, have generic 1:700

2 bar and 3 bar railings and ladder sets.
Reply to
Don Stauffer

Thanks! I also heard on the ModelWarships board that Regia Marina actually makes photo-etch for their kits. I'll check if I can get some.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

hey gernot, how your doing? long time no read. how's tricks in my favorite country to wish i was visiting?

Reply to
someone

hi ed, things r well, except financially (cut in salary moving to private industry). planning trip home for end feb/beginning of march, will pick up plenty of kits and books and so on there, get them out of mom's house :-) and teach bujutsu at some clubs.

modelling wise, still completing two bf109f's here (fine molds and italeri ), before moving onto some ships again. things look good, company product launch i have been working on since september was today and i am on track to enter management this year, business development that sort of thing (will do some in south africa when i visit there).

wife is fine too, gorgeous as ever, and i have enough other gorgeous partners at ballet to keep my happy and her jealous :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Yes, that is a good point. I see RM produced some twin Breda 20,mm/65 and single Oerlikon 20mm/70 photo-etch sets. I can't seem to find any though. Anyone know any mainland European model shops online of good repute?

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

check your email, buddy.

Reply to