Re: Uniform color question

Hi all.

> Ok, I've gotten an answer to my last question about the mold color of > the Italeri British paratroopers and US infantry (light tan), and now I > need more advice. > I'm using Humbrol paints because they were recommended and I've been > very pleased with them so far. What color should I get for the uniform > color of the British troops? It appears to be a sort of khaki brown. > I have an Humbrol color chart for referrence if someone suggests one by > number. > My local shop carries the line, so it's likely I can get the right one. > I've ordered both sets of figures, and am excited to get them. > I'm building "postage-stamp dios" using 2 or 3 figures in various > settings. > It's easy to display them, and I can easily give them to interested > friends too. > Plus, it allows me to keep up on my tiny detail techniques. > As always, thanks for your input. Take care, and happy building! > > Randy > IPMS Houston > > We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us > from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit? >
Reply to
Dave

They wore a 3 colour camo Denison Smock.

IMHO the paras had the best uniform in the WWII British Army and compared well with other nation's forces. I think that the majority of other British uniforms in WWII looked wrong - can't put my finger on it - almost home made, out of date, not scary or intimidating.

Try looking here

or do a search for Denison Smock

or settle down with a beer or two and watch 'A Bridge Too Far'

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather