Shepherd Paine dioramas?

Hi,

Has anyone seen any postings on the net of any of the old Shep Paine Monogram dioramas? Some kits featured pamphlets featuring them... I'd love to see any scans if thery're out there please.

Thanks, Ian

Reply to
ianbw12

I can't help you with scans, but I did want to say I went by the Revell-Monogram offices and factory last Spring when I was visiting Chicago. The receptionist told me they no longer give tours, and there was nothing worth looking at in the entrance foyer. There were several of Shep Paine's aircraft dioramas under glass just past her desk, but she refused to let me go past her desk to look at them. She did give me a free catalog though. Whoopee. If you are ever in the Chicago area and think you might like to go by Revell-Monogram to see the place, don't bother... Scott Wilson

Reply to
avnav526

He had a book "How to Build Dioramas" in the 80s.I wish I still had it,it was very interesting reading,even tho I don't even do dios...I don't know if it's still in print,but it's worth it if you can find it.

Reply to
eyeball

is shep pushing up daisies? still in the biz? I got hooked on his stuff with the early 70's Monogram dioramas.....

wassup with him?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

We all get old. What we once could do all night long, now takes all night to do once. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Every so often some get posted over on abms. I have the F-15 sheet scanned.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Found this site here... enjoy!