Updating a Lanc B111

I have just acquired a Lancaster BIII from Tamiya. It's a nice kit, but definitely in need of updating. I have trawled the Hannants
catalogue only to find one item for the Lanc; Flightpath do a 1/48 detail set for 33. I am loath to make such an investment without knowing if, firstly, what do you get for your money, and secondly, is it any good? If anyone can shed any light, I'll be deeply grateful to hear. Thx J
On 19 Jul 2003 05:28:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (john) wrote:

Belcher Bits do engine nacelle replacements, wheels and bomb sets. See http://www.belcherbits.com/48sets.html for details. Scroll to about 2/3 down the page. The engines are right on the bottom.
--
Jeff C
RKHD

john wrote:

Flightpath's site may be a good starting point. No photos, but a text description of the contents & a quoted price, less than the Hannants price you quote. (http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fpmaster.htm )
        Scott