Visit to Moscow and Flying Legends show

I recently visited Moscow for an aerobatics display at Zhukovsky and the Flying Legends show at Monino.

We also visited Domodedovo, Vnukovo, Chornoye, Victory Park & Khodynka.

My photos and a short description about the visit are at :-

It is heavily photo intensive - so apologies to anyone with a slow connection.......

Ken Duffey

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Jealous, Ken, Very Jealous.

*But* im hoping to be over there at the time of the MAKS2005 airshow. That should be quite good. Cant wait, its been ages (more than 2 years!) since i was over there. Its a long way from Australia.

By the way, how was your stay in that monster, the Rossiya? I hear that it (and several other "old guard" hotels around Moscow are scheduled for destruction.

Cheers

David B.

Ken Duffey wrote:

Reply to
David Bowyer

David,

It was the first time we had stayed at the Rossiya - the location is great - but the food is not as good, nor as plentiful as we are used to at the Cosmos (our normal hotel).

We like the Cosmos - the food is excellent and you can help yourself in the buffet-style restaurant.

We go across the road to the VDNK park in the evenings for a few cheap beers etc.

You are right - the Rossiya is due for demolition - to be replaced by a hotel complex of 5-star hotels.

That will affect all the tour groups who are happy to stay in 4-star accomodation - there just won't be any!

Ken

David Bowyer wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey

What about the sexmassage? Don't you miss that?

Gordon.

Reply to
Gordon upton

Yeah - the standard of the 'ladies' at the Rossiya is not a patch on those at the Cosmos.

Ken

Gord> What about the sexmassage? Don't you miss that?

Reply to
Ken Duffey

But don't you find those luxuriant moustaches sexy Ken?!

Reply to
Gordon upton