Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

(AIR) Couple of RF-101 Voodoo Questions...
Fellow Modelers, I have a couple of questions about the RF-101C that I'd appreciate comments on. Most questions refer to photos or drawings from the Squadron publication, 'Modern Military AIrcraft:...

Re: Aircraft Weathering
Depends. What kind of aircraft, year, etc? A modern, operational F-18 weathers differently than, say, a Boeing 747 or a Solomons campaign Corsair....
1
1

Gun mount in Barracuda?
Can anyone give me any pointers to where I could find out some details about the rear gun mounting in the Fairey Barracuda? I've gone through the Barra section in the FAASIG website (terrific site,...
5
5

Superscale Decals help!
Can anyone help me??? Does anybody has a Superscale decals catalogue or scans???? I want to know if the following decals are for aircrafts aboard the USS Enterprise (CVAN-65): 72-0145, 72-0208,...

Help with a BF 109E3
Hi all, I am about to start building a Tamiya BF109E3 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book or website that gives details of the colours used in painting the cockpit, as i'd rather...
2
2

Need part
I have a Fujimi 1/72 A-4F/TA-4J Skyhawk kit. I am looking for part #103. It is the part that goes from the rear of the canopy and fairs into the fuselage.I need two of them. Thanks in advance steve

Re: Iwata parts
Well there is a problem. This is their respond: Hi, Unfortunately, we are unable to process international orders to shipping addresses different from the billing address of the card. Additionally, we...
1
1

Re: searchlights
Found a use for the Stirling and Welly, did we? :) Bill Banaszak, MFE
16
16

Re: Painting question: a bad idea to prime with Gloss enamel?
Hi Guys, Thanks a lot! You are right, it is no fun at all to put a whilte coat over a gloss layer. I learned my lessson here. A little follow up: I shelled out 3 bucks for a Testors enamel white...
2
2

SEA camo Huey pics?
Having spent about 20 years around Hueys at my airport, I'm sort of fond of the beast. I like the looks of some of the USAF UH-1Fs in SEA camo but have only found about 2 pics, both showing the left...
1
1

Re: SSBN Andrew Jackson colors?
Got this response from someone who served on board the Webster: Exterior: anti-foul red (Krylon sandible primer is a dead ringer) below centerline, black (for scale effect, make this a very dark gray)...
5
5

Re: cutting gun ports in wooden ship model?
May I respectfully suggest you become a member of the following free email list. You will definately get all the assistance you could want with wooden model ships. The list is moderated by the owner...
3
3

Re: Mr Surfacer Questions
The way I think of it is: 500 can hide the scuff marks from 500-grit sandpaper. 1000 can hide the scuff marks from 1000-grit sandpaper. That's not 100% accurate, but it sets you off in the right...

Re: Automotive Primer that can be used on PS & Resin
I am not certain what it would be called in Germany, but I use DuPont VariPrime. It does not attack plastic and it forms a very protective barrier so you can spray hot lacquers on top of it. You can...

Re: Informal Poll - best Online Hobby Shop?
Hobbylink Japan - outstanding service, great prices, 100% succes rate
2
2