Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How best to hang aircraft model?
I'd like to know what is the best way to hang up a plastic aircraft model. It's a 1:72 model of a Dash 8. I've got a hook on the ceiling that it can hang from. What's the best way to do it? Thanks....
10
18 years ago 10

Re: Seen best 1960s military jet today
Details please - I can't find any info. beyond someone owns the manuscript sure, in macroscope, which i believe is in print, anthony has an entire saturn 5 in orbit, it is used to escape with the...
1
18 years ago 1

John Burns's Kingfisher
Hi guys, I think that most of you are heard about the storry . The Kingfisher was from the battleship North Carolina BB-55 On April,30 . 1944, during battle by the Truck Atoll, US Navy pilot LT(jg)...
5
18 years ago 5

Re: Tamiya 25pdr and Quad
The body was the Canadian Military Pattern and could be seen on Ford or Chevrolet-built vehicles. Early vehicles had the body seen in the Tamiya kit. The later version had the reverse windshield angle...
2
18 years ago 2

Re: paint mixing question
True but the have rubber plungers which don't like the solvents used in paints... they work well for a couple of times or so then the rubber swells and they go to god I use disposable polyethylene...
1
18 years ago 1

Re: Tamiya 25pdr and quad tractor
The Italeri kit kit has the Chevrolet cab13 .It has a lot of detail .IMHO is a better kit than the Tamiya kit . The Ford had side valve v8 engine and vertically split differential housings where as...
3
18 years ago 3

Re: 1/48 DECK CREW
From Raymond: I am not sure what Fujimi set you are refrring to so don't know if you are looking for WWII or Modern deck crew figures. Anyway, Verlinden has a 1/48th set # 1295 US Navy WWII Flight...
2
18 years ago 2

Re: airbrushing silver/metallic particle paints... Any tips?
Be sure to agitate the paint often so that the metallic particles stay in suspension. Just the usual ones that apply to silvers and heavy metalics in general... watch your overlaps to avoid jail bars...
2
18 years ago 2

Re: Aztec Airbrush.
The Aztek is a good product and is easy to use however in the long run it will cost you. For the cost of an Aztek you could afford a high quality Iwata for less money $89.00 at -vs- $99.00 for the...
11
18 years ago 11

Re: Sailing ship plastic models - sites for info or buying?
LOL! That describes it precisely.
18 years ago

Re: [Q] Funny box art?
Hmmm - true, but not so accurate in the context of this thread. The RAAF did indeed take delivery of it's first F-111 in September '68, but the aircraft remained in the USA until 1973. The Aussie...
22
18 years ago 22

Re: rebuild demilled receiver?
FWIW I don't think this is the right news group for that subject. That said, I know the Garand Collectors of America definitely warns against trying to shoot an M1 with a welded receiver. I know I...
10
18 years ago 10

Yeah, I got that one...
Thanks, though. I have a specific composition in mind, and luckily I have some EXCELLENT crystal-clear aerials taken in 1994 by the RAF. Got them from the troops who arranged my visit last year. I...
18 years ago

Re: Squardon Flyer
Also got mine today - Massapequa, Long Island, NY My June issue came 4 days ago. http://hometown.aol.com/cfbush2000/index.html Same here!! Bill Shuey Baltimore, Maryland N329DF wrote: Matt:
3