Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

John Burns's Kingfisher
Hi guys, I think that most of you are heard about the storry . The Kingfisher was from the battleship North Carolina BB-55 On April,30 . 1944, during battle by the Truck Atoll, US Navy pilot LT(jg)...
5
5

Re: Tamiya 25pdr and Quad
The body was the Canadian Military Pattern and could be seen on Ford or Chevrolet-built vehicles. Early vehicles had the body seen in the Tamiya kit. The later version had the reverse windshield angle...
2
2

Re: paint mixing question
True but the have rubber plungers which don't like the solvents used in paints... they work well for a couple of times or so then the rubber swells and they go to god
1
1

Re: Tamiya 25pdr and quad tractor
The Quad was made by both GM and Ford to quite rigid military spec, at a glance the two look almost identical but there are notable differences on the front ends, if you are in Melbourne try heading...
3
3

Re: 1/48 DECK CREW
From Raymond:
2
2

Re: airbrushing silver/metallic particle paints... Any tips?
Be sure to agitate the paint often so that the metallic particles stay in suspension.
2
2

Re: Aztec Airbrush.
The Aztek is a good product and is easy to use however in the long run it will cost you. For the cost of an Aztek you could afford a high quality Iwata for less money $89.00 at -vs- $99.00 for the...
11
11

Re: Sailing ship plastic models - sites for info or buying?
LOL! That describes it precisely.

Re: [Q] Funny box art?
Hmmm - true, but not so accurate in the context of this thread. The RAAF did indeed take delivery of it's first F-111 in September '68, but the aircraft remained in the USA until 1973. The Aussie...
22
22

Re: rebuild demilled receiver?
FWIW I don't think this is the right news group for that subject. That said, I know the Garand Collectors of America definitely warns against trying to shoot an M1 with a welded receiver. I know I...
10
10

Yeah, I got that one...
Thanks, though. I have a specific composition in mind, and luckily I have some EXCELLENT crystal-clear aerials taken in 1994 by the RAF. Got them from the troops who arranged my visit last year. I...

Re: Squardon Flyer
Also got mine today - Massapequa, Long Island, NY
3
3

wrong group! Sorry!
Sorry about that! Al

Re: Looking for 1/350 scale Battleship running gear
I thought that whip would be awfully tiny... Bill Banaszak, MFE

Re: The OKC Nationals
Wasn't the address of the hobby shop in question somewhere in Lake Michigan? And as for stirring the pot at the Nationals, I would think just slipping in a nude figure would do it. ;) Bill Banaszak,...
3
3